🏈 Touchdown! We've got a winning GIVEAWAY going on now! 🏈
To get you ready for the big game, 20 lucky followers will be selected to win a $100 @wholefoods gift card!
1. Follow @muirglen
2. Like this post
3. Tag a friend you're watching the game with
No Purchase Necessary. Ends 1/23/19 at 11:59 pm CT. Subject to Official Rules. See link in bio. Gift cards will be delivered between 1/29 - 1/30, in time to shop for the big game!
384 2923 days ago
Doughy, saucy, cheesy. The perfect trifecta. 📸 @rockyluten 👨🍳@food52
For the Dough:
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
For The Filling + Topping:
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced, divided
1 (14.5 oz) can #muirglen petite diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter (for topping)
1. start by cooking down the tomatoes, butter, and garlic into a thick and chunky sauce.
2. pinch off pieces of dough (adreamof a recipe: soft, pliable, elastic dough that doesn’t stick), fill them with a generous spoonful of the sauce, then seal them.
2 694 days ago
With only one pot to clean, you’ll be back to your to-do list or Netflix queue in no time.
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 c all-purpose flour seasoned with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 slices bacon, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded, cored, and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded, cored, and sliced
1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 oz white or brown button mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground fennel seed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1 (14 to 15-ounce) can #MuirGlen whole peeled tomatoes
8 oz #MuirGlen tomato sauce
8 oz chicken broth
1/4 c torn fresh basil leaves
1/4 c torn fresh oregano leaves
Grated parmesan for serving
Cooked pasta or soft polenta for serving
EVOO to coat pan
1. Coat the skillet with olive oil, up the sides of the pan about 1/4 inch, and heat. Dredge the chicken thighs in the seasoned flour and brown each side until golden. Remove the thighs and set aside.
2. Drain the oil from the skillet and add the chopped bacon. Cook until almost crisp and then add the 2 peppers, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes.
3. Stir in the dried basil, dried oregano, ground fennel, red pepper flakes, and salt. Continue to sauté until you can smell the garlic, another few minutes.
4. Crush the plum tomatoes with your clean hands to break them up and add to the skillet along with the juices from the can. Add the tomato sauce and chicken broth.
5. Return the chicken thighs to the skillet, skin side up, and bathe the sauce over the pieces. Bring everything up to a simmer and continue to simmer, partially covered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. After the 30 to 40 minute simmer, stir in the fresh basil and oregano. Serve a chicken thigh and some of the sauce with peppers over spaghetti or some soft polenta. Shower a little Parmesan over the top and enjoy!
3 405 days ago
Ready, set, braise. This vegetarian tomato braise is multi-purpose, delicious, and easy to make. Check out suggested braising times in our story!
4 716 days ago
Level-up your classic margarita pizza with some salty green olives. 📸 @rockyluten
6 721:10 PM Jan 11, 2019
Yes, those are mini grilled cheese bites. 😍 📸 + recipe by @mariannes_kitchen
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1-2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can (28 ounces) #muirglen fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup + 3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon, chopped basil
1 tablespoon, chopped parsley
1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
3/4 teaspoon, white sugar
1/4 teaspoon, crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoon to 1/4 cup, heavy whipping cream
1. Heat in a dutch oven the olive oil and butter.
2. Add the onion and let sauté for about 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic and salt and pepper.
4. Stir in tomatoes, broth, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and sugar and bring to a boil.
5. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 17 minutes.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
7. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
8. Use immersion blender to blend to your favorite consistency.
9. Add cream in slowly to get it to the creaminess you desire.
8 1091:10 AM Jan 9, 2019
An easy way to get into your @whole30 regimen: this saucy, spicy, shakshuka by @food52. 📸@markweinbergnyc
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, small dice
4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 pound merguez sausage, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 tablespoon ras el hanout
1 teaspoon Spanish sweet smoked paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 15-ounce cans #MuirGlen fire-roasted tomatoes
8 extra-large eggs
1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro, stems included
2 tablespoons harissa
warm crusty bread, for serving (for non #whole30)
1. Cook down the tomatoes, spices, plus garlic and peppers, until everything is nice and stewy.
2. Make a few little indentations in the sauce and plop an egg in each
3. Put the lid on and let the eggs cook until the whites are firm and the yolk is still runny.
4. Once the eggs are set, and you’re not partaking in #whole30, serve alongside a savory, sauce-absorbing vehicle of your choosing: pita, couscous, or rice are all great options.
4 721:35 PM Jan 7, 2019
Cold weather is a naan issue with a dish like this. 📸 + recipe by @eatswithcare!
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 white onion diced
3 minced cloves of garlic
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
2 cups of #muirglen tomato sauce
1 cup of coconut cream
2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 chicken breasts cubed
1 tsp curry
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp corn starch.
1. Place butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
2. Once melted, add onions and stir until see through. 3. Add in garlic for 1 minute, then add in the cumin, ginger, cayenne, and turmeric.
4. Once combined thoroughly pour tomato sauce in and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Next, add coconut cream and paprika, then let it simmer for another 10 minutes. While this is happening, cubed boneless chicken breast and add to a different pan with the coconut oil.
6. Sprinkle the curry and pepper on top, then cook until the inside is still mildly pink.
7. Add the chicken to the sauce and let it simmer again for 20 minutes.
8. Add corn starch as needed for desired consistency.
4 1201:20 PM Jan 4, 2019
Bloody Mary shooters. You’re welcome.
1 can (28 oz) #muirglen organic whole San Marzano tomatoes, undrained
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup vodka
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
juice of half a lemon
manchego cheese cubes
pickled vegetables (gherkins, asparagus, carrots, baby corn, okra, green beans, olives)
0 392:05 PM Jan 1, 2019
Simple. Spicy. Sparking.
1 oz gin
1 oz tomato water (juice from drained can of #muirglen whole peeled tomatoes)
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
2 dashes Sriracha
2 1/2 oz dry sparkling wine
5 drops orange bitters
cherry tomato for garnish
lemon twist for garnish
0 303:15 PM Dec 29, 2018
Yet another delicious use of tomato jam: sweet-and-savory rosemary cookies. Your tastebuds can thank
us later! 📸 @sweetpaulmagazine
7 741:25 PM Dec 28, 2018
Good luck making enough of these to satisfy your cravings.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 can (28-oz) #MuirGlen Diced Canned Tomatoes
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
Salt to taste --Canapés--
Mayo, for spreading
Bacon, cooked until crispy, broken into pieces
Frisée, cut into tufts
1. Make the jam: Set a large (roughly 12-inch) skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, then chopped onion. Season with a pinch of salt. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, sugar, and vinegar. Stir. Adjust the heat as needed to keep at a steady simmer and cook, stirring often, until the syrup is thick and dragging a spoon along the pan leaves a distinct trail (about 25 minutes). Transfer to a heat-proof container and refrigerate to cool completely. Will keep, refrigerated, for two-three weeks.
3. Make the toast points: Cut off the crusts if you wish, then cut each bread slice in half diagonally so you have two triangles. Cut each triangle in half again, so you now have 4 triangles per slice. (If your bread slices are particularly large, you might want to do this an additional time.) Add them to a sheet pan in a single layer and toast in the oven, flipping if you want, until golden brown.
4. Assemble the canapés just before serving. On each toast square, spread a little mayo and add a plop of tomato jam. Top with a crisp of bacon, then a tuft of frisée.
3 381:55 PM Dec 26, 2018
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram