Our Wonky Strawberries are £1 for 227g in store and online. Try them in this sweet Pimm’s Strawberry Meringue Pie #Recipe for a tasty treat. Recipe below:
300g shortcrust pastry
500g fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
1 orange, juice and finely grated zest only
300g caster sugar
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
5 eggs, separated
3 tbsp cornflour
80g butter, cubed
Total time required 1 hr 10 mins
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
Other time: Chill for 2 hours
Keep some mint sprigs, orange zest and strawberries back to decorate your pie before serving.
1) Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
2) Roll out the pastry on a flour-dusted surface and use to line a 25cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Line with baking parchment and beans and bake blind for 20 minutes.
3) Remove the beans and parchment and cook for 10 minutes until the case is golden.
4) Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5) To make the filling place the strawberries into a food processor with the orange zest and juice, Pimm’s, half the sugar and the mint. Blend until smooth then warm through in a saucepan.
6) Whisk the egg yolks with the cornflour and 1 tbsp of cold water, then whisk into the hot strawberry mixture and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
7) Stir in the butter and continue stirring until it melts. Spoon into the cooked pastry case and allow to cool, then chill for 2 hours.
8) Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then add the rest of the sugar a spoonful at a time and continue whisking until they become thick, stiff and glossy. Pile on top of the filling and bake in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 for 6-7 minutes until pale golden.
9) To serve, decorate the top with mint sprigs, fresh strawberry slices and orange zest. #strawberries#baking#meringue#pie#pimms#morrisons#sweettreats
11 22919 hours ago
It’s British tomato week. To celebrate, pick up a 5 pack of these tasty British vine tomatoes for £1 in store and online. Try them in this homemade pizza #recipe Recipe below:
Makes 4 pizzas
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
4 whole pizza bases
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp pesto
250g mozerella cheese
4 slices parma ham
4 whole vine tomatoes, sliced
1 small handful rocket leaves, to garnish
1 small handful basil, to garnish
Total time required 1 hr 25 mins
Preparation time: 1 hr 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Use salt and pepper to season to taste.
1) Place the passata, tomato purée and dried herbs into a bowl. Season and mix well.
2) Preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C/gas 6.
3) Divide the tomato sauce evenly between the 4 pizza bases, and spread the sauce evenly across each base, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
4) Mix the pesto and olive oil in a bowl and set to one side.
5) Tear the mozzarella and scatter over the pizza bases.
6) Tear the parma ham and place evenly over the pizza base (for variations, you can add any of your favourite toppings).
7) Arrange the sliced vine tomatoes on the remaining bases and drizzle the pesto mix over the top.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
9) Cut each pizza into 8 slices and garnish with rocket leaves and basil.
Enjoying the flower show this week? Make a statement with this beautiful and bold Rose Blush bouquet of the week from Flowerworld. With scented pink oriental lily, blue agapanthus and cerise roses, these vibrant blooms will add style and colour to any room. Get 10% off at Flowerworld using code SOCIAL10 🙂
Big waves and surf daze… Take a look at this #NutmegKids t-shirt and shorts combo from £9 :)
0 465 days ago
#sundayfunday You berry believe it… Treat the kids to this tasty ice-cream alternative frozen yogurt #recipe
Makes 6 lollies
100g natural yoghurt
1 tsp honey
1) Add the yoghurt and 1 tsp of honey into a food processor and blend. Taste and add more honey if needed.
2) Add 70g of the raspberries into a bowl and crush.
3) Layer the bottom of the lolly mould with the crushed raspberries and spoon the yoghurt mixture equally on top.
4) Place the remainder of the fresh raspberries on top of each of the yogurt moulds.
5) Place the lolly stick into the centre of each of the moulds.
6) Put the moulds into the freezer for 4 hours or until solid.
Serve and enjoy.
11 4815 days ago
A royal treat for a royal celebration. Have a go at making this berry wrap cake with lemon filling. It’ll be sure to impress the guests at your royal wedding gatherings 🙂
8 Mission Deli supersoft original wraps
500g cream cheese
300ml double cream
2 lemons, juice only
100g icing sugar
1) Whisk together icing sugar, cream cheese, double cream, lemon juice and zest with electric hand whisk for 2-3 mins until mixture forms soft peaks.
2) Dry fry wraps on medium heat for 30 seconds on each side until golden and just starting to crisp. Put to one side to cool down completely.
3) Start with one wrap, spread a thin layer of the cream mixture, top with fruit. Repeat the layers with rest of wraps, cream and fruit.
4) Dust with icing sugar before serving your Berry Wrap Cake! Serve immediately.
Top tip: Try other fruit combinations to find your favourite 🙂
0 1566 days ago
#flowerfriday Find this beautiful Wedding Celebration Rose & Peony bouquet in store now for £25 and be ready for the big day tomorrow 🙂
2 1433:29 PM May 18, 2018
Get the kids summer ready with our cute matching outfits for £14 each :)
2 452:14 PM May 18, 2018
You’ll be ‘blown’ away with our summer #Nutmegkids range. Take a look in store now :)
6 592:09 PM May 18, 2018
🌼💐 Celebrate the Royal Wedding with a special bouquet of your own, and treat yourself to a charming display of white 'Duchess' peonies - combined with Avalanche roses and delicate eucalyptus for a subtle and elegant appearance
3 1151:03 PM May 16, 2018
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram