It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without homemade rolls. 🦃
Recipe Cred: @abountifulkitchen
Kodiak Cakes Rolls
Makes 12-16 rolls
3 ½ cups Kodiak Cakes Baking Mix, divided
4 tsp. instant yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
1 ½ cup warm water
¼ cup honey
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup all-purpose flour for dusting
1. In a large mixer bowl or stand mixer, combine 3 cups of the baking mix, instant yeast,
salt, warm water, egg, honey, and butter.
2. Knead by hand or on low speed for 3-4 minutes. If the dough is sticking to the sides of
the bowl, add ¼ - ½ cups of additional baking mix.
3. Place in a large, greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes - 1
4. Sprinkle flour on a clean surface and pat the dough into a 10x10” square. Cut 12-16 even
squares of dough and form into balls.
5. Place the rolls seam side down in a greased 9x13” pan. Cover and let rise in a warm
place for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden
48 23678 hours ago
We are talking all things Thanksgiving this week! First up on the list, cornbread stuffing! 🌽
INGREDIENTS •2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or 1 tablespoon each olive oil and unsalted butter •1 large onion, finely chopped • Salt to taste •4 stalks celery, diced •4 garlic cloves, minced •2 teaspoons dried sage, or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage •1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme •½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley • Freshly ground pepper • One batch of Kodiak Cakes Homestyle Cornbread Mixed prepared as directed on the box (*make 1-2 days before) •½ cup milk or chicken broth (or as necessary), for moistening •4 tablespoons unsalted butter if baking separately
1. Prepare Kodiak Cakes Homestyle Cornbread as directed on the box. It is best to make it 1-2 days before to allow it time to dry out.
2. Crumble the prepared cornbread, you can do this in a food processor fitted with the steel blade
3. Heat the olive oil (or oil and butter) over medium heat in a large, heavy, nonstick skillet, and add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about three minutes, and add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the celery. Cook together for another few minutes, until the onion is tender. Add the garlic, and stir together for 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Combine well. Taste and adjust salt. Moisten as desired with milk or chicken broth.
4. Stuff the cavity of the turkey, or transfer to a buttered or oiled 2-quart baking dish. Dot with butter. Cover with aluminum foil, and heat through in a 325-degree oven for 30 minutes.
GIVEAWAY We all know that the best part of Thanksgiving is the leftovers…ok maybe not the best thing but the leftovers are pretty great. When it comes to saving leftovers we hate seeing all the plastic bags, tinfoil, and plastic wrap that is used. We’ve teamed up with @stasherbag for a giveaway you won’t want to miss! We are giving 1 luck winner 1 half-gallon Stasher bag, 2 sandwich size Stasher bags, 2 snack size Stasher bag and a spread of Kodiak Cakes to enjoy through the holidays and help you save your leftovers without using plastic!
Follow @kodiakcakes and @stasherbag
Like this post
Comment your favorite Thanksgiving dish
Winner will be selected Thursday 11/15. Must live within the lower 48 states. Good luck!
1591 33682 days ago
GIVEAWAY! For those days when your holiday to-do list is so long you don’t even have time to make breakfast. These cup items are easy and convenient, and the only take 1 minute to make!
1. Follow @kodiakcakes
2. Comment telling us which cup you are dying to try, oatmeal, muffins, or flapjacks?
Winner will be selected 11/14. Must live in the lower 48. Good Luck!!
1851 35485 days ago
Pumpkin Pizza Crust....yeah, it is a thing. 📸: @mason_woodruff
Pumpkin Pizza Crust
1 1/2 C (159g) Pumpkin Flax Kodiak Cakes Pancake Mix
1/2 C (120g) Canned Pumpkin
1/4 C (28g) Shredded Parmesan
Breakfast Pizza Toppings
1/4 C (60g) Chunky Salsa
1/2 C (56g) Sargento Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese Blend or your choice of shredded cheese
1 C (85g) Frozen Pepper and Onion Blend or 1 C freshly chopped bell pepper and onion, mixed
3 Tbsp (21g) Bacon Bits I used chorizo seasoned
3 large Eggs
Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray.
Add the pumpkin pizza crust ingredients together in a large bowl.
pumpkin pizza crust recipe step 1
Use a rubber spatula to mix until you can form a ball of dough.
pumpkin pizza crust recipe step 2
Using a rolling pin or the backside of the spatula, roll the dough into a large oval shape. (Spray the rolling pin or spatula with a bit of cooking spray to prevent any sticking.)
pumpkin pizza crust recipe step 4
Optional: use your hands to smooth the edges.
pumpkin pizza crust recipe step 5
Bake the pumpkin pizza crust for 8 minutes.
While the crust bakes, prepare/measure your toppings. If you're using frozen peppers and onions, microwave them for 90 seconds and drain any excess water.
Remove the crust from the oven to add toppings. Spread the salsa across the crust as your sauce, followed by the cheese, peppers and onions, and bacon bits. Create three "wells" or slight indentations in the toppings before adding the eggs.
pumpkin pizza crust recipe step 6
Bake for 14-16 additional minutes or until the eggs are as cooked as you'd like. For a runny yolk, aim for the lower end.
Slice the pizza once vertically and twice horizontally to create 6 slices.
I sprinkled a bit of ground chipotle pepper on top of my pizza after baking.
Macros for pumpkin pizza crust only: 730 calories, 42 grams of protein, 117 grams of carbs, and 13 grams of fat
Nutrition Facts for 1 slice: 250 Cals 8F l 16C l 14P
55 21536 days ago
GIVEAWAY! Who has been wanting to try an air fryer?! 🙋🏽♂️🙋🏼♀️ We have seen so many fun holiday air fryer recipes we can’t wait to try! 🍟
We teamed up with @simplelivingproducts to give one lucky winner an air fryer and a spread of Kodiak Cakes products.
1. Follow @kodiakcakes and @simplelivingproducts
2. Enter using the link in our bio
3. Comment telling us what you would air fry first!
Winner will be selected 11/13! Must live in the lower 48. Good luck!
3485 696411:46 PM Nov 7, 2018
This chocolate cake is perfect for the holidays and we made it in our @boschmixers . Don’t forget to enter the giveaway in our last post!
2 CUPS DARK CHOCOLATE KODIAK CAKES POWER CAKES MIX
1 CUP SUGAR
½ CUP OIL OF CHOICE
2 TSP VANILLA
1 CUP WATER
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bosch mixer and mix until smooth. Divide into two 6” or 8” cake pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
1 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED
3-4 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR
UP TO 4 TBSP HEAVY CREAM OR MILK
1 TBSP VANILLA
In Bosch mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar until fully combined. Then, add heavy cream or milk and vanilla. Mix on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
1 CUP FRESH CRANBERRIES
½ CUP SUGAR
In a medium bowl, mix cranberries and sugar until combined. Spread evenly over a paper towel or wire rack, set aside.
Trim the top of each layer with a serrated knife. Fill the first layer of cake with ½ cup buttercream icing. Place the second layer on top and spread remaining icing over the cake.
75 327612:08 AM Nov 7, 2018
⭐️GIVEAWAY! 🙌🏻 It is the season for parties, baked goods, and cooking. In honor of trying to make the holidays easier we have teamed up with the people over at @boshmixers to give one lucky winner a spread of Kodiak Cakes and a Bosch Mixer to help with all of your holiday baking!
1. Follow @kodiakcakes and @boschmixers
2. Like this post
3. Comment sharing what recipe you would make first with your mixer and tag a friend you would share it with
Winner will be selected on 11/8. Must live within the lower 48 states. Good luck!
2922 554211:12 PM Nov 5, 2018
They're not frozen, they're hibernating... 12g Of Protein ✔
100% Whole Grain ✔
Delicious & Nutritious ✔
All Natural & Non-GMO ✔
37 9299:24 PM Nov 2, 2018
GIVEAWAY TIME! It’s officially November 😱. The holidays are officially upon us! We’ve teamed up with @kora.fitness, @vooray, and @cleansimpleeats to giveaway a few things to help you stay healthy through the holidays. Bonus...you can never get enough of anything pictured.
The winner will receive one $200 @KORA.fitness gift card, one @vooray fanny pack, The Fall @cleansimpleeats Meal Plan and Exercise Guide, Two @cleansimpleeats 34.9 oz Protein Powders, 1 case of @kodiakcakes Flapjack Mix (6 boxes), 1 case of Baking mixes (6 boxes) and 1 case of cups (12 cups)! To enter (we will be checking to make sure all steps have been completed): · Like this post
· Follow: @kora.fitness, @vooray, @cleansimpleeats, and @kodiakcakes
· Tag three of your friends in the comments · Bonus Entry: Repost on your story
One winner will be chosen, and announced here on 11/3. Good luck!
1782 410411:11 PM Nov 1, 2018
👻 Happy Halloween! 🕷We want to see your costumes! Share them with us #kodiakcakes Best costume wins a case of Kodiak Cakes.
31 22083:27 PM Oct 31, 2018
Terrifying Toaster Waffles 🔪 Ok, it is really just raspberry syrup. 🤫
20 125011:28 PM Oct 30, 2018
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram