NEW BLOG POST: 10 Ways Social Media is Ruining Your Life.
The irony isn’t lost on me, that someone who basically gets paid to create content for social media is telling you all how it’s essentially ruining your life. But stay with me here.
Because it’s not exactly social media that’s ruining your life, but rather, your relationship with it and the ways in which you consume it.
I was in denial for the longest about how much time I spent on social media, how often I checked it, and my emotional stability around it.
It wasn’t until I took a 7-day social media detox, that I came to these conclusions.
If you're feeling drained, irritated, or overwhelmed every time you log onto social media, this is probably why.
bit.ly/SocialMediaDownfall | #linkinbio
6 1128 minutes ago
Have you ever wanted to do something so badly but couldn’t work up the confidence to do it? If there a dream you’re wanting to make reality or a trip you have been itching to take, an experience you’ve been longing to have, this is your year. This is the time, the time is now and I’m here to tell you, it’ll be scary but so worth the ride.
Anxiety, butterflies, knots, excitement all of the above. This is the year where I will host my very first “travel with me” experience: The Travelingfro Teranga Retreat.
I know how hard it can be to work up the nerve to do something, especially when it comes to travel. 3 years ago, I would have never flown to Senegal on my own, barely knowing the language and not knowing a soul. I have always wanted so badly to travel around Africa. To have cultural experiences that made me feel closer to my roots. To learn and connect with others that have more in common with me that I ever knew. So I did just that.
2 years later I’m blessed enough to be able to share that experience with you. I am inviting you to explore my new home, Dakar, Senegal and get to know the gem of West Africa, through a locally curated and guided experience. We all know the fear of the unknown is real, and that the media has done a fantastic job of portraying only the negative parts of the contient. So I want you to join me and see for your self, the beauty, magic and special essence I’ve found and loved so much that I decided to make it my home, long before @lonelyplanet@nytimes and @natgeo named it a top place to travel to in 2019.
If traveling to Africa has ever been something you’ve wanted to do (I’m not talking Morocco, Egypt) but experiencing a place so full of history, linked to our journeys as African Americans paired with a hospitality known as teranga, a vibrancy and cuisine that cant be explained; Then the time is now. Link in bio, spots are limited. See you in June.
“I mean, when in Cuba right? 🤷🏽♀️ “
@thesocialclout | Havana, Cuba (Read almost 100 travel tips for Havana at WeWorkToTravel.com! Think of us as a BLACK TRIPADVISOR, with some unique twists) •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• CLICK LINK IN BIO and select “Search For A City” and then type “Havana” to learn more. Check out tons of TRAVEL TIPS and also read our FREE Comprehensive City Guides on our WEBSITE. We have guides for Cartagena, Venice, Bali and more!!•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• 💼✒️To be Featured 🌴✈️
Follow us and Tag #WeWorkToTravel in your best travel photo. Don't live to work, work to travel and show us how you do it!!! ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
11 567an hour ago
Joy AF #melaninjourney#Repost@pierre_vuala
By all means nothing is perfect. There are good days and bad, some things I’m winning at and others I’m failing horribly, but the main focus is evolving into a BETTER ME. All smiles no shade. .
📷 @warcphoto -
You want to explore in London, well here you go😊
C.c @gloryosei make sure you follow her for more adventures. #Repost from @Glory Osei
How to explore major sites in London with less than 20pounds.
1. Take the bus or the tube to oxford street. From oxford street most sites are within walking distance. (Buy an Oyster card: it's a smart card for transportation it covers buses, tube, tram. TfL rail, Emirates air Line, River bus etc). 2. Window shop your way through oxford street.
3. Explore M&M world, enjoy the really bright colours and buy some chocolates. (I got a 15% discount voucher at the door). Cost: £2
4. Take a walk to Trafalgar Square.
5. Take pictures of Big Ben and London eye while strolling through Westminster bridge.
6. Take a stroll through china town and get some snacks for lunch. Cost: £6
7. Go see the queen at Buckingham palace.
8. Take a picture at Piccadilly Circus.
9. Enjoy some Italian gelato while taking a stroll through convent garden. Cost: £4.
10. Visit London museum of transport and London film museum.
11. Take a stroll through SOHO.
Don't be scared to ask strangers to take pictures of you. They can only say no, they can't beat you. .
PARIS💥💥 #Repost from @Glory Osei by
One girl's guide to Paris:
So you finally get a Schengen visa after weeks of praying, and you have gone to church to do the necessary thanksgiving (aka inform your church members that levels don change). Now you've got questions, which airline do I book? Where do I stay? Where will I find jollof that is not Ghanaian🙄? .
1. Flight: Direct flight is always advisable but they can be expensive.
2. Where to stay: I am partial towards Airbnb mostly because it's really convenient. You can find cheap hostels on Hostelworld, hotels on bookings.com, apartments on Airbnb.
3. Have the necessary documents in your carry on to present to the immigration officer. Return ticket, hotel booking, travel insurance.
4. Don't listen to any "black guy" trying to find you a taxi (You did not struggle several weeks to get visa to come and become a maga in Paris) firmly insist that you want a metered cab.
5. Nobody cares about Naira so bring your cash as dollars, even if you have a dollar card bring some cash (ATM cards are not always reliable). 6. Have some dollar hidden away in your box (even if it's 50usd, it might be the life line that saves you from getting stranded in a strange country)
7. Take pictures of you visa page, passport data page and entry stamp, also email it to yourself.
8. Save cost on transport use the train and walk to most places.
9. There are several attractions in Paris that are free to visit. Find them using trip advisor.
10. Refuel your body with proper Nigerian food from @africankitchenparis.
11. Spoil your inner child: visit Disneyland Paris, it's free to walk around and window-shop the stores.
12. Pretend you are deep and like art: visit the as many art museums and galleries possible.
13. Make the best use of your Schengen visa. Visit near by countries for cheap. Find a cheap ride using the car pooling service (blah blah car) and book bed space in hostels for as low as 15-20usd per night. .
Paradise AF #melaninjourney#Repost@woshpereira
Beverly Hills Carioca
Joa ou Joatinga é uma dos bairros mais nobres do Rio de Janeiro e facilmente um dos mais lindos - pra não dizer o mais bonito - pouco conhecido e visitado pelos turistas quem vêem a cidade maravilhosa. Algumas pessoas chamam Joa de Beverly Hills carioca pra você ter uma ideia do luxo, até o @will.i.am do @bep tem uma casa lá.
Travel turns us all into storytellers, and now we want to hear yours... ⠀⠀
Share the best photos and videos of your stay using #MyCuriocity and you could win a free city activity to help you see the real Joburg or Durban. Get snapping 📸
Melanin king AF #melaninjourney#Repost@stevenonoja
To want something and to be ready for something are two different things. Some of us are not read mentally to handle the things that were desiring. We want a house but can’t save our money, always foolishly spending on immediate gratifications. We want a mate but not ready to sacrifice or deal with our issues so we can be a great mate to somebody else. We want our own business but were lazy with little work ethic and want everything handed to us! Get my drift? Sometimes there are some things we have to do on our end first in order to be able to handle that thing that we desire! I pray we all be ready and have capacity and wisdom to handle it the right way!
Enjoy your evening my friends much love to you all.
Wardrobe: @so.wear // @scotch_official // @saunakspace.#StevenOnoja
Life's about balance right? Well thats what I told myself while trying not to fall on this boat while watching the birds do a dance in response to the sunrise on the river Gange.
Learning to see the world In unique ways is something photography teaches me.
Photographed by @vivek_shukla21
I SEE SMILES everywhere I go
It's an energy I send out and it's not coincidental that it gets sent back my way too, in all forms 😊😊
More 😊s here
This New Year, I traded in the city for the calmness of the ocean. Safety and familiarity for the uncertainty of a new place on foreign land. I traded in the rush of New York City for that of the waves in Martinique. I chose to spend my New Year sober with two of my loves: The water and @_thegirlwithcurls 🥭🌊