Today We are Featuring our Favorite Post by @ amyseder
5 years ago this month, I could have died. I got sick, and it took 6 weeks of chronic, agonizing pain before the doctors could figure out the problem - and when they did it was so advanced, that I had to have emergency surgery that same night. My insides were twisted, my intestines were blocked by my own tissue and dying. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it, and without modern medicine, I would have died. ::
The experience was horrible - the weeks of being so sick and in so, so much pain, battling with health insurance, having my stomach pumped in the ER, spending a full week in the hospital recovering. But! This experience was one of the biggest catalysts to the huge changes I made in my life in the couple of years after.
Being so sick was the exposure therapy that I never thought I would be ready for, and taught me to push beyond my anxiety - which was at one point completely debilitating.
- It taught me that if I could survive this, I could survive so much more. It made me so much stronger.
- It showed me what defines true friendship and love - that the women that came to hold my hand in the ER, that stayed with me through the night, are the ones worth cherishing the most.
- it showed me how important Health Care access is. I am now a huge believer in universal health care, something that I don’t have as an American. And as a business owner now, our health options are terrible, incredibly expensive, or both. My hospital bill after my surgery was $75,000. But I had insurance. Because of that, I paid $3,000.
- Without living through this, I don’t think I would have the life I have now. To pay my hospital bill, I opened a travel credit card, and with the points booked free flights to Japan. I opened myself up to new experiences and to face all of my fears because I now knew I could overcome them.
- Brandon and I had only been dating a couple of weeks when I got sick. He stuck with me, and I should have known then that he always would.
- Also, having your stomach pumped may be the absolute worst physical experience you can possible have. 0 stars, would not recommend.
This is Ambóro National Park in Bolivia. An often overlooked gem with amazing wildlife - jaguars, pumas, bears among others.
Ambóro is a cloud forest. It's incredible humid and it rains on-off all the time. I was lucky to join for long muddy day hiking through the southern part of the gigantic park behind a local biologist equipped with a practical machete.
There is so much to learn about ecosystems, flora and fauna in surroundings like this and I'm happy I got to experience this kind of wilderness yet another time.
Today we are featuring our favorite post by @ travelstoriesphilippines
Curious how island living in the Philippines looks like? takes us to a visual journey of his island-hopping adventures in El Nido and Malcapuya Island in Palawan and Siargao. And yes, we’re biased to declare: It’s More Fun in the Philippines. ❤️🌴
Today we are Featuring our Favorite post by @ theluxuryasia
One hideaway corner at 🌿 We love so many palm trees surrounds the villa 🌴by
Follow & Tag and share your best moment of luxury travel in Asia
It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream... right?!☀️ Beautiful Barceloneta Beach... as much as I like it there, I would recommend you to drive to other beaches in case you want to make proper beach holidays as it is super crowded, especially during summer. A very good option is Castelldefels which is only 30 mins away from Barcelona ❤️
🇩🇪 Wie kann man bei einem Sonnenuntergang NICHT träumen bitteschön?! 😍 So sehr ich den Barceloneta Strand mag, würde ich euch empfehlen etwas rauszufahren, falls ihr richtigen Strandurlaub machen wollt, z.B. nach Castelldefels (ist nur 30 Minuten entfernt) ❤️ #barcelona#barcelonabeach#barceloneta#barcelonetabeach#sunsets
The mesmerising pink beach of Komodo National Park 💕🦎⠀
Komodo National Park, Indonesia 🇮🇩 📸: @ninjarod⠀
36 1,63818 hours ago
🌍 Lulworth Cove, UK by @kjp . ☝️ Follow the featured feed for more. And tag your friends in the comments 👇
🔷 Selected by: @mikecleggphoto . . ============================
📧 Spotted a mistake? Please email.