People tend to gain more weights during occasions like Christmas and New Year's Eve. Here are some easy tips that you can apply to enjoy a good holiday without the fear of gaining weights.
1. Eat Less And More Often
Distribute your meals evenly throughout the day. Instead of having 2 big meals, have 5 small ones.
2. Eat Before Heading Out
It is best that you eat something small before heading out to visits, trips or family dinners. You will no longer be tempted to eat a lot or overindulge yourself.
3. Drink With Moderation
It is best to regulate your drinking since alcohol, coke or other juices will only add more calories to the ones you already eaten!
4. Drink A Lot Of Water
Water keeps you hydrated and also can satiate your appetite. And it will also prevent a possible hangover if you drink much alcohol.
5. Be Active
You should still perform your fitness routine whenever possible, or just simply try to walk more, park your car some distance away from the store or use the stairs! #tuesday#easy#practical#toptips#motivations#keepfit#beslim#stayhealthy#festive#season#Christmas#gsgill#sportwears#health#fitness#sports#beactive#workout
0 72 hours ago
Top tips episode five: Bespoke pricing
In today's top tips episode we caught up with Yalda to chat about pricing.
If you are running public holiday/Sunday surcharges, have happy hour specials, or limited edition treats our price lists add-on has got your back.
This simple to use add-on will automate different product prices for days of the week, hours of the day, or even by site.
To activate this add-on pop over to or you can reach out to us 24/7 via our website, or starting a chat anywhere in your Kounta.
Top 10 Foods For Maximum Fat Loss
Here I list out the top 10 best foods to eat for maximum fat loss.
You will learn which foods are the best but not only that but why they are in the top 10.
Now to find out which one was number 1, head over to my IGTV channel underneath my BIO.
I will continue to introduce you to stress busters and will start the week with this basic exercise you can use anytime you need to relax or relieve stress 👌🙌 Watch my video to find out more!
1 299 hours ago
If you're looking for some top tips to set you up for financial success then look no further.
We're sharing a short clip today of our Interview with Wave - a godsend for freelancers and other businesses 💰🤩 You can catch the full interview by joining the Training Scheme - link in our bio 😘
What makes Christmas perfect for you? 🎄
Good presents? 🎁
Family being together? 👫 👬 👭
Delicious food? 🍗
Isobel shared with us what ✨little things✨ make Christmas perfect for her.
Isobel's top four tips for a wonderful Christmas:
- Have a chill out room so we can relax if needed.
- Have noise cancelling headphones, gadgets and fidget spinners to help when we are stressed.
- Tell us what will happen beforehand so we can feel calmer about the change to our routine.
- Explain the rules of family games slowly so we understand and give you a run for your money!
Do these help your family? Or do you have your own traditions / tips? 😌
Hot-desking has become a fashionable phenomenon in this day and age. It's a nice idea, but in reality, it's leading to a lot of people being in pain or discomfort as they don't make sure that their desk position is right for them, as they'll only be there for the day!
Here are a few quick fire ways to have less discomfort when changing your desks on a daily basis:
1) Ignore posture advice: Sitting up straight all day is impossible, but having your computer at the right height for you will certainly help to get you less slouched over. Try a ream of paper to put under your monitor to help raise this up to a height that keeps your eyes level. The good thing about a ream of paper is it's easy and quick to adjust the height, plus you're always ready if you need a quick scrap of paper to jot a note down!
2) Get a wobble cushion: these are great for sitting on, make your postural muscles work a little bit harder, and definitely make your chair a bit softer on the behind!
3) Get a favourite mousepad (and mouse if needs be) and take it everywhere with you. They're light, easy to move about, and could save your hands and wrists a lot of drama from using one's that aren't the right fit for you (particularly if you're a lefty!). Trackpads on laptops are notoriously rubbish for using all day!
4) If you are hot-desking try to pick the desk NOT under the airconditioning blowers. Cold air blowing on your muscles all day can definitely make them feel tight. This might not affect everyone, but if you can avoid it, then do so.
5) Chairs with arms are better than chairs without, and chairs where your feet actually touch the ground comfortably are most supportive. If your feet aren't sitting comfortably on the ground, get some more of that 'borrowed' paper from the copy room and get them supported.
Don't forget that there are lots of stretches and exercises you can do at your desk, and getting up regularly is always the best for your health.
Happy Hotdesking here at @hub26_uk!
MONDAY MOUNTAIN MOTIVATION
& My Top Tips
It’s been a month since I was in the mountains and I can’t wait to get back. There’s nothing like the crisp, fresh air and that feeling of reaching a peak, or two. Trail running is gaining popularity and runners everywhere are discovering the joy of leaving the pavements and heading for the hills.
My Quick Tips For Winter Trails -
1) Check your route in advance, take a map, don’t rely solely on your phone.
2) Tell someone where you’re going and when you expect to be back.
3) Check the weather: dress aptly with layers you can take off and on. ^Sub 5°C I’m wearing @megmeistersport tights and @howies arm sleeves, hat & gloves.
4) Going somewhere new? Talk to the locals; weather can change in an instant in the mountains. Be prepared to turn back if things get dodgy.
5) Get a good pair of trail shoes: ^I’m wearing Merrell Trail Gloves, they’re durable and grippy barefoot style, brilliant.
Have fun and be safe 👣🏔❤️
#ElevatesportUK#EATandMOVE#fellrunning#trailrunners # #mountainrun#runfree#breconbeacons#blorenge#wales#cymru#runwales#toptips#runninggear#whattowear#surreyblogger
16 5513 hours ago
When it gets cold and dark outside it can be all too easy to convince ourselves to snuggle up and enjoy a hot chocolate (or a glass of red!).
So, how can we motivate ourselves to stay active this #winter?
Here are some helpful ideas:
✓Get the right kit: “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing” – if you’re planning on exercising outdoors, invest in some proper thermal leggings, some #running gloves and a good quality, light-weight wind-breaker. For those less brave, who plan to remain indoors this winter, perhaps a new gym outfit to get you inspired will make you hit the gym.
✓Sign up to classes or join a club: Getting out of the cold and into a warm, brightly lit sports hall for some fun team sports or an exercise class can really help make the fitness regime less of a routine. You might even make some friends! ✓Also, having a schedule of classes does the scheduling part for you, all you have to do is show up and work-out.
✓Find a friend: Having someone to head to the #gym with can make exercise less of something to dread and more of something to look forward to.
✓Go for a #walk: If you can, switch up your commute and walk to work. This warms you up in the morning and gives you a chance to listen to your favourite podcast!
Some of the handicrafts i saw in Goa were absolutely stunning. This table and pot, for example was enamelled, studded with gemstones (or so they said). That’s part of the problem...how can you really tell??? #trustissues
Little stretch in between clients this morning.
Stretching is one of my LEAST favourite things. Do you know why?
Because I’m not very good at it!
Don’t you tend to find we always avoid the skills we aren’t very good at?
Here are my five top reasons to stretch!
💪🏽Increases range of motion
💪🏽Reduces muscle tension
💪🏽Prevents DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)
💪🏽Increases blood flow
Sound on for motivation 🙌🏼
The team are extremely excited about Cosmetic & Family Dentistry Body and Skin Clinic. Not only will we be offering non-surgical Lipo treatment, but we will also offer a wide variety of facial treatments for different skin types. ☺️ #Treatment#Hull.
4 2915 hours ago
Christmas can be a very difficult time for separated parents. Our Dads Project have put together a series of tips which may be helpful in managing separation over the festive period. Hopefully you will have been able to have a conversation with your ex about plans for Christmas, but if not and your need support get in touch on freephone 0808 8010 722
If you take a step without your Fitbit on did you even move though?
Yea but did your Fitbit say so?
Never miss a step with our 6 top tips to getting your steps up.
1. Never ride a bike (hand bikes are acceptable, however then texting becomes a problem when doing steady state cardio 🤔)
2. Make sure the watch is placed on your favourite hand 😉 (its totally acceptable to momentarily kill a sexual moment by swapping hands or changing the wrist your put your strap on 😜)
3. Wear your bit on nights out (it may not match your outfit, but my god dancing after midnight racks up the steps ready for your hangover day of lying in a ball on the sofa)
4. Don’t walk with your hands in your pockets (swing those arms women)
5. Become great at gesturing (wave, high five, clap, be a god dam politician and move those hands lady)
6. When your bit is charging NEVER leave the sofa (we all know it doesn’t count!)
So there you have it...YOU ARE WELCOME 🙌🙌🙌 #thatgirl#thattraining#mondayfunday#toptips#fitnesstips#fitnessmemes#fitbitfriends#instafit#fitfam#gymrules#fitlife#getyourstepsin
Do you know someone that would benefit from our Instagram for business course? Make sure you tag them below! As we’re delivering two Instagram course @nesmatraining in Feb 2019. To book head over to the @nesmatraining website!
Today we’re doing a 4 hour private pop up in a large office building in central London when all we really want to do is pop to bed because we’re Christmas crackered. It’s taking all of our efforts not to crawl under the table for a snooze. This has happened on markets before...... zzzzz......consummate professionals us. Just have to make sure the tablecloth is long enough. #toptips#snoozey#alliwannadoishaveanap
4 1085 days ago
TOP TIPS on how to get a good nights Sleep!!!
“I’ll sleep when I’m dead”
🙄 .... It’s all well and good to be a hard worker BUT your no use if you burn yourself out, right?
Sleep is soooo important for the following reasons 👇🏼
- Mental Recovery
- Physical Recovery
- Improves immune system
- Aids weight loss
- Improves mental clarity
- Reduces Inflammation
- Aids in muscle repair
- Lowers strew and anxiety
So here’s my top tips to help you get that all important 8 hours kip
- ROUTINE - Try and go to bed and wake up at the same time every day
- PHONES - Switch off your phone 30 mins before you want to go to bed, Social Media drives the brain crazy and can keep you awake for hours
- NOTIFICATIONS - If you don’t want to turn it off the pop your phone on aeroplane mode or DND
- FOOD - Weirdly enough eating slow release carbohydrates before you go to bed helps balance your insulin levels and can aid in a good nights sleep
- STRESS - Try to relax the mind, try yoga or guided meditation before you go to bed
- CBD OIL - I’ve been using one from @fox_cbd_oils for the past 2 weeks and have seen a massive change in my sleep .... I’m an actually sleeping through the night, waking up refreshed and just overall feeling so much better. It also helps to reduce anxiety levels and stress levels which is amazing when it comes to relaxing and winding down!
Let your body rest .... Trust me it will thank you for it 🥰
P.S this big fluffy thing I’m wearing is called my marshamallow! It’s legit the most comfiest thing EVER and it’s from @prettylittlething