Hate veg biryani? Well same here but this Tava pulav is gonna make up for you which is tossed in rich spices and herbs which is something that every mumbaikar loves in their meal. Find this at bandra Hill road
Tawa pulav, a famous street food here in Mumbai, would not only leave you feeling tummy full but also would take your taste buds to an entirely different level. So today in my kitchen i have tried to create similar magic...and yes it turned out to be really yum!
Ingredients: • Steamed rice, 2 cups
• Onion, 1 big, diced
• Tomatoes, 2 big, juicy, roughly cut
• Green peas, 1/2 cup, boiled
• Potatoes, 2 medium, boiled, peeled, roughly cut
• Capsicum/ green bell pepper, 2 medium, deseeded and diced
• Mixed veggies, 1 cup (finely chopped cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, french beans) -- optional
• Ginger Garlic paste, 2 tsp
• Green chillies, 1 or 2, finely chopped
• Garam masala, 2 tsp
• Turmeric powder, 1 tsp
• Red chilli powder, 2 to 3 tsp
• Pav bhaji masala, 3 tsp
• Salt, as per taste • Cumins, mustard seeds, oil for tempering
• Butter, 50gms approx
• Coriander leaves, finely chopped, for garnishing
Procedure: • Heat a wok, add oil, butter and mustard seeds, once they sputter add cumins and then the onions.
• Once the onions are translucent, add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, tomatoes and cook till oil separates on a medium flame.
• Now add all the rest veggies, mix and cook on high flame for 4 to 5 mins stirring constantly. Reduce flame, add all the spices and the salt. Mix and allow this to cook on low to medium flame for another 4 to 5 mins.
• Now add the rice and mix everything together on a high flame constantly stirring for 5 mins approx. • Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with raita/papads/pickle!
Notes: • Preferably use long grain rice for this and the leftover rice is best for this recipe.
• The mix veggies part is optional but if you may like to add to the dish, i would suggest pre cook it in water and little salt.
• As per one's choices and taste buds the measure of spices can be adjusted.
#tavapulav#streetfood#indianstreetfood#mumbaifoodies#loveforstreetfood❤ #vidyasvassarie#instafood#instafoodporn#foodporn#foodfood#selfmadechef#loveforcooking👩🍳 #loveforclicking📸 #loveforplating🍽️ #happyme