Tips for footballers - pre season
Picture; @reidy20 - Had a great time this off season working with him - can’t wait to see him this season 🙌 go pies 💯
@coachwoodford - tag.comment.like
Here are my tips to local athletes or coaches who want to enhance their players performance this year and keep them on the park... In these tips you do not need a fancy gym nor a PhD in exercise physiology ... Just smart programming and implementation
1. Buy mini bands- instead of that outdated 2 laps, use mini bands to fire up your cns and activate muscles that are vital to performance eg glutes ... Thank me later ... Most athletes are dormant through their glutes leading to a myriad of problems (eg hips, knees, lower back & hamstring)
Go to @macironfitness to order
2. Complete basic injury prevention work such as; SL RDL"s (body weight), double leg bridges (body weight), TKE"s, shrugs, band pull aparts etc ... Notice the focus is posterior chain not mirror muscles -The posterior chain is the powerhouse for the athlete
3. Complete dynamic active warm up (fuck off static stretching) before training and I don't buy into that shit that no players will do it because they have always stretched ... It's called buy in and enhancing training performance so subsequent football performance .. DAW will enhance the athletes cns, increase core/muscle temp, enhance range of motion and mentally prepare them for training
4. Complete basic speed work at the start of training when the athlete is neurally fresh and metabolically replenished ... And no speed work is not running up the hill... Resting 15 seconds and going again.. That's conditioning work and it will make them better conditioned not quicker! Understand work : rest ratios, Pcr recovery and the basics of sprint/running mechanics ... 15 mins is all you need ... Focus on maximal effort, form and technique ... Low level Plyos to develop low load power and SSC can also be introduced at the start of training! (⬆️ maximal outputs)
5. Strength & power development ... Clubs just need to invest in 5 barbells and moderate weights. I worked out if you spent $1000-2000 you could get a basic set up -Full article on WSSC FB
La famiglia di Pino si è allargata con l’arrivo del nuovo gusto PinoPinguino Nocciola e lo Sprint al Pino Classico! Ti aspettiamo allo stand C5 di PreGel per provarli insieme!
The Pino family is excited about their new PinoPinguino Hazelnut and classic Pino Sprint! We are waiting for toi at PreGel stand C5 to try them!
1 7an hour ago
Great morning run starting to enjoy them a little bit more to come and faster times most definitely however steady trot never hurt anyone. Especially in the @boxraw hagler sauna suit 👊 going to make weight comfortably at this place ...... Whoever wants it can get some 🥊
"Everyday is a chance to get better, become stronger, improve on what you're not good at. In every sphere of life, there is always room for improvement, bettering your skills, learning one new thing, here and there, becoming better in whatever you do, but it starts with your mindset, if you decide, i want to be good at this, whatever you focus on, you will immerse yourself in that. But you will need discipline, focus, hardwork and be ready to fail countless times and feel pain, but keep fighting, don't give up, not now" ... Working on improving my sprinting, ooooh, my credits to my coach, @oscarochieng91 who puts me through so much pain, 😢😩, no pain, no gain.