Anxiety Wrap experiment 2 weeks result-Momo:
American Staffordshire and Basenji mix
Momo is the sweetest baby but she is definitely the problem child out of the three dogs. We rescued her almost two years ago from dog shelter. She has always been super nervous around people and super protective with BooBoo and her human mom
Before the Anxiety Wrap:
1. Runs away every time she gets the chance. Sprints away. Swipe left to see how much energy she has.
2. When we try to train her off-leash walking in our yard, she’ll always find a chance to jump to neighbor A’s yard, run around in their yard, and then jumps to neighbor B’s yard and run around in their yard cuz she likes their yards more.
3. Growls at men when they try to pet her or get close close to BooBoo
4. Barks at people when they walk pass the house
During Anxiety Wrap:
1. Stops barking at people when they walk pass the house. Only once or twice a week. It used to be five or six times a day.
2. Goes to her bed or sofa immediately and sleep
3. SUPER calm and doesn’t care when people are petting BooBoo, still growls sometimes when they get close to her.
4. Doesn’t try to jump out or run around. She’ll walk around in the yard and go back to her bed and just lay down
After Anxiety Wrap:
SAME MOMO BUT BARKS LESS.
She still tries to jump out after the anxiety wrap, still playing with Rowdy like crazy. Still super protective and nervous all the time. But she doesn’t bark as much anymore after using the anxiety wrap for two weeks.
it is definitely working with momo. The video on the second post is the moment before I wrap her in anxiety wrap. I think she understands that when she is wrapped, I expect her to be calm. She still needs more time to get better with being less protective and less aggressive. Other trainings are important too. But anxiety wrap is definitely helping momo to be less stressful around people.