Things are always looking up if you have a positive attitude!
Hard to determine in this shot but Lake Crescents water looked like blue cool-aid 🤤
Hope each and every one of you are having a stellar week!
1 76 minutes ago
We are beautiful things, wild things, searching for the brilliance within us // R.M. Drake
1 158 minutes ago
My super talented friend @marcymoji released her newest sticker pack in the App Store today, and it’s so good I had to stitch one of them up pronto! I love this California coast scene ALOT. So much so, I painted my nails to match it! #makestuff
Guide Training has been super fun over the past couple days!
When I was a kid, my family took a lot of vacations in North Carolina. Now between NC and FL there are a fair amount of rapids, so we’d often take a day trip on the way up or down. At a young age, I began dreaming of being a White Water Rafting guide. Some kids want to be astronauts or doctors, but I’ve always just wanted to float a boat. When I graduated from college, I didn’t have any reason to get a job with my degree, because I had no debt and a laundry list of things I wanted to do before “real life” set in. Well, I dreamed and I dreamed and I built and I saved, and what do you know! I made my dream come true. It wasn’t the hardest goal or the most impressive job, but it was my dream, and here I am living it.
The rapid you see when you swipe right is (surprisingly) called 3 rocks. It might not look crazy, but it flips the most boats on my stretch of the Arkansas. Yesterday I got my first chance to run it. The surge of adrenaline and then the joy of accomplishment you get when you read the water and execute is extremely satisfying, possibly even addicting. Now I can see why there are 15 year returning guides, and it’s not because of the pay.
Who else would like to be here right now? I am ready to head back to @universalorlando, especially if it means staying at Loews Portofino Bay again. The Italian inspired resort had multiple pools, a spa, gelato shop, and an authentic Italian restaurant! #uorblogsquad#spon
Yellowstone National Park is a very unique park to visit with all its oddities & beauties rolled into one. There is so much to see & do you need at least a week to explore. I went in the end of July ‘17 & it was extremely crowded. I spent two days visiting and ugh I didn't get to see all of it. I know I gotta go back again someday. So here’s some (maybe useful) tips :
1. The wildlife that you’ll see : elk, bear, moose, bison, wolves, etc. The bison walks right down the road making YOU either stop driving your car or move outta the way.
2. All the natural formations & hot springs are mind boggling to witness. Please stay on the path though as some of the hot springs are nothing more than a thin crust covering boiling water beneath. I witnessed a foreign family wandering off the path & onto these fragile areas for a better photo opportunity. I couldn’t believe this kind of people!! 😤 With all its natural, dangerous beauty, I can see where this park doesn’t forgive stupidity.
3. The pavement was literally melting in one area of roadway, due to magma underneath, when I visited. It just goes to show how Yellowstone is a living, breathing entity. 😍
4. Bring snacks & drinks along for long rides. Bring binoculars. We stopped in one section to watch a dying elk be overcome by wolves. You never know what to expect here.
5. Okay this is not one of those (useful) tips but... did you know that Yellowstone was one of the settings in the end-of-the-world movie “2012” that aired in 2009 ?! Yep you’re welcome 🌝
I know I’m a first timer to come visiting this HUGE park & maybe shouldn’t give y’all tips like an expert but it’s truly a magical world out there & it’s surely worth seeing. Trust me the sights here will be remembered for the rest of your life. 💯
↡Monument Valley, Utah ♡ No nos cansamos de recordar este amanecer, para nosotros el más bonito de todos los que hemos vivido de viaje... Además, nos quedamos a dormir en las cabañas de madera que hay justo enfrente y aún se me ponen los pelos de punta al revivir el momento y desde la cama ver como se empezaban a dibujar estas siluetas en la oscuridad por los primeros rayos de sol ✨
¿Conocéis este lugar o vais a visitarlo pronto? En el blog tenéis mucha información y además os contamos como reservar esta cabañita de la que os hablamos 😋