We are pleased to invite to the celebrations of the hundredth anniversary of the Bauhaus movement, and twentieh anniversary of the Bauhaus Center Tel Aviv.
All the details can be found on our facebook page
☆ Early Booking Discounts ☆ $300 OFF 3 year Breeding Contracts until JAN 31 2019 ☞ www.eurequine.com ☜
Pricing includes a non-refundable booking fee of $400.00. 30 Day Live Foal Guarantee. Reasonable Collection fees and we ship 7 days a week all season long. When your mare is ready so are we. Stallion, Wild Dance pictured.
Milat haSchawua – Wort der Woche
Unser 22. Wort der Woche stammt aus dem Deutschen und bezeichnet ein traditionelles Schabbat-Gericht. Der Kugel ist ein Auflauf, den es in den unterschiedlichsten Varianten gibt: süß, herzhaft, mit Nudeln als Lokschenkugel oder als Kartoffelkugel. Die Urenkelin des Rödinger Synagogenerbauers erinnert sich an den deftigen, leckeren Kugel, den ihre Großtante Sibilla Ullmann in ihrem Haus in Rödingen zubereitet hat. Mehr über die jüdische Küche erfahren Sie bei einem Besuch im LVR-KULTURHAUS Landsynagoge Rödingen.
Hebräisch wird von rechts nach links gelesen.
Entdecken Sie jüdisches Leben im Rheinland! Das LVR-KULTURHAUS ist jeden Sonntag von 11.00 bis 17.00 Uhr geöffnet.
TO SPEYER AND BACK
Most #Ashkenazi family names were adopted in the nineteenth century, but the #Shapiro surname and its variations (e.g., Spira, Spiro, Shpira, Shapira) have been in use by this venerable rabbinical dynasty since the mid-1300s. The origin of the surname is the city of #Speyer in the #Rhineland.
In Jewish sources, Speyer is best known as one of the three Jewish communities on the Rhine (the other two being Worms and Mainz) which were destroyed in the first Crusade, and later restored.
The same architects worked on both the Speyer Cathedral, the synagogue and the mikveh. #Christian craftsmen got the assignments, since #Jews were not permitted to work at any skilled trades.
1 133 days ago
1974 wurde beschlossen, das Düsseldorfer Hafengebiet zu verkleinern und Teile zu einem modernen Dienstleistungs- und Bürostandort fortzuentwickeln. Der alte Berger Hafen wurde zugeschüttet. Die neu gewonnene Fläche wurde ein grüner Vorplatz für den Landtag und den Rheinturm. Der Zollhafen wurde zu einem Yachthafen, und der Rheinturm (1982), der Landtag (1988), das WDR-Studio Düsseldorf sowie der Rheinpark Bilk wurden errichtet. Ab 1989 entstand ein modernes Bürogebiet unter Einbeziehung erhaltenswerter Bestandsbebauung. Die kreative Mischung aus alter und moderner Architektur sollte Unternehmen aus der Medienbranche anlocken. Der 1998/1999 fertiggestellte Gebäudekomplex „Der Neue Zollhof“ (im Bild rechts) des Architekten Frank Gehry wurde zum Aushängeschild des neuen Standortes.
In 1974, it was decided to downsize the Düsseldorf harbour area and to develop parts of it to a modern service and business area. The old Berger harbour was filled up. The newly won area became a green forecourt for the Landtag and the Rheinturm. The customs port became a marina, and the Rheinturm (1982), the Landtag (1988), the WDR-Studio Düsseldorf and the Rheinpark Bilk were built. From 1989, a modern office area was created, incorporating preserved existing buildings. The creative mix of old and modern architecture should attract companies from the media industry. The building complex "Der Neue Zollhof" (pictured right), completed in 1998/1999 by architect Frank Gehry, became iconic for the upgraded neighbourhood. • • • • •
This picture is published under creative commons licence CC BY-NC-SA 2.0. It may be shared for non commercial and non political purposes, provided that appropriate credit is given. The use on commercial or political profiles is only allowed with my permission.
#beriut#gulagorkestar#rhineland "Sen bir kuş kanadından hafif ve inceydin
merdiven basamaklarından başdöndürücü bir hızla inip,
çiğ taneli leylakların arasından geçerek
beni aynalı camın öbür tarafındaki
kendi makamına götürürdün sen"
Our 'Discovery' auction combines the last prints and multiples of the legendary Achenbach Editions. Well known artists like Thomas Ruff, Günther Förg as well as Claes Oldenburg, Markus Lüpertz or Jörg Immendorff are represented with their world famous graphic works.
Come and bid with us on arttrade-online.com!
A U.S. Marine of the 4th Marine Brigade pictured on guard duty along the Rhine River in 1919.
Under the terms of the Compiègne Armistice, American occupation forces were assigned an area of western Germany that was about 2,500 square miles in size which stretched from the border with Luxembourg all the way to a section on the east side of the Rhine known as the Coblenz bridgehead. Some 900,000 German citizens lived in this area. For the purpose of occupation, General John Pershing established the Third United States Army on November 7, 1918, placed under the command of Major General Joseph T. Dickman.
The Third Army was formed from a mixture of hardened Army divisions and lesser-experienced National Guard units. The former included the four best outfits in the American Expeditionary Force: the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Infantry Divisions. In the case of the 2nd Division, a brigade of U.S. Marines was also present. The latter group of units included the 32nd Division (whose members would come to be known as “Gemütlichkeit Boys” because so many spoke German) and the 42nd, 89th, and 90th Divisions. In all the Third Army totaled 250,000 men. Additionally, 50,000 men from the 5th and 33rd Divisions were stationed in Luxembourg to maintain the army’s “logistical pipeline” from France.
Dickman’s Forces began their march towards Germany at 5:30am on November 17, 1918, passing through Luxembourg and reaching the German frontier on November 25th. Crossing into Germany was not permitted until December 1st, and the Rhine River was reached on December 10th and crossed on the 13th. The Third Army then established its headquarters in Coblenz and began its first occupational mission of disarming German security forces.
The Third Army was eventually disbanded in July 1919, by which point it had been reduced by 96% to a strength of only 8,400 men, and renamed as the American Forces in Germany. The Americans maintained a presence in Germany until January 24, 1923.