For all who kept me entertained during the more than 4 hour wait for my hubster to get his lasik done - He is alive and well and we are waiting patiently for prescriptions at the pharmacy. It's a good thing I had hand stitching to keep me busy! I never thought it would take 4 hours! 👁👁👍
Headed home to meet up with my friend Mona who will be spending the afternoon at the long arm machine. We've got quilts to quilt and more to talk about! 😁✂️❤✔ #quiltyfriends .
One of the very first works we did, was welding the mounting brackets for the rear bumper, as the original welding points were severly corroded. One bracket was already loose, the other looking not much better either. After the welding works it's important to prevent any further corrosion. This is what we did in detail:
1) Remove all rust by grinding/brushing it off. Some good wire brushes in different sizes come in handy for that, especially those which are used on drilling machines or angle grinders.
2) Do the welding and afterwards brush off slag residues thoroughly
3) Apply rust converter to make sure no rust at all is left*
4) Apply zinc painting to prevent further corrosion*
5) Apply primer and final paint coating*
*make sure to adhere to the recommended drying times before applying the next layer.
Running for the train...or from it? 😂 This pic pretty much sums up my day. Dodging traffic like never before. Running across London from casting to casting, dropping off my old canoeing kit to go to a better home, and about to head out with my best event wife @junodawson to see #Briefs on their opening night in Leicester Square. Lemme just tell you. I’m hot and clammy and all this running is NOT CUTE FOR A SHOOT. 😂