“You don’t get better on the days when you do feel like training. You get better on the days when you don’t want to go, but go anyway. If you can overcome the negative energy coming from a tired body or unmotivated mind, you will grow and become better. It won’t be the best work out you have, you won’t accomplish as much as what you usually do when you actually feel good, but that doesn’t matter. Growth is a long-term game and the crappy days are more important"
I love when you can find inspiration from what seem like an unlikely place. This is a quote from George St-Pierre (one of the greatest UFC fighters) that I stumbled across while sitting on the couch watching UFC with my partner. It was perfectly timed because I’d woken up feeling tired and lethargic, not really wanting to do anything (hence why I was sitting on the couch). It was such a good reminder that even your worst work out is better than none at all. Instead of smashing out weights in the gym like I normally do, I chucked on a pair of shoes and went for a walk instead.
I’m resharing this quote because I love the idea that it might reach someone else right at that moment when they needed to hear it the most. I love that you can find inspiration anywhere.
Outfit: @lornajaneactive athletic active 7/8 pant and Iconic LJ muscle tank.
What is your favourite type of exercise when you're not feeling your best?
Follow @nurses_everything for more pictures
Thanks my friends
The only thing constant in life is change. Cheers to the next adventure 🍾
9 892 hours ago
Wondering when to start applying to jobs as a nursing student? I started applying the month of graduation (and I should’ve started earlier- I missed some residency program deadlines). 1. I applied EVERYWHERE. I’m going to be getting a Florida license, so I applied all over Florida, and even North and South Carolina just in case! Thank God Florida is part of the licensure compact states.
2. Start asking clinical instructors and supervisors for letters of rec around the month before graduation. I had to scramble around last minute and it wasn’t fun! I was literally at Universal Studios organizing my documents on my phone in order to get them sent on time.
3. Send out your app, even if you are missing some letters of rec! I did this because I did not have my letters of rec yet, and the hospital contacted me later on with interest and gave me time to provide my supporting documents. So you never know- take that chance! That’s the hospital I ended up accepting a position with 💙 Imagine if I hadn’t applied because I thought I’d automatically be disqualified! Besides, you can always reapply with the correct documents after sending out that first application.
4. Review the values and mission of the hospital you are applying to and include some of the qualities that coincide with your values in your cover letter.
Good luck everyone! And remember not to limit yourself to one hospital/area. Share your tips below!
New products + sales announcements yesterday from rally! 🇨🇦 🇨🇦
Supplement Sale: Between January 19-23rd, enjoy 15% off:
• Sulfurzyme (324303D).
Sale wholesale: $63.75 | Sale retail: $83.88 | PV: 50.36.
• Essentialzymes-4 (464503D).
Sale wholesale: $55.04 | Sale retail: $72.42 | PV: 43.56.
• ICP (320803D).
Sale wholesale: $28.26 | Sale retail: $37.18 | PV: 22.53.
• Life 9 (19262D).
Sale wholesale: $31.66 | Sale retail: $41.66 | PV: 25.08.
• Super B (324003D).
Sale wholesale: $21.68 | Sale retail: $28.53 | PV: 17.21.
• MultiGreens (324803D).
Sale wholesale: $43.78 | Sale retail: $57.61 | PV: 34.85.
SALE DETAILS: • Offer valid between 12:00 am MST January 19 and ends 11:59 pm MST January 23, 2019.
• Available for phone orders, Quick Orders & Essential Rewards (ER) orders. Excludes Points orders.
• 15% discount applies to price and PV.
• No order limits. .
************ NEW PRODUCTS LAUNCHING. • ResOILution Kit (26851).
Wholesale: $159.00 | Retail: $209.22 | PV 127.00
- Limited edition kit available only between 12:00 am MST January 19 and ends 11:59 pm MST January 31, 2019, while supplies last.
- 5% of proceeds will be donated to the Young Living Foundation.
- Believe 15 ml.
- Inner Child 5 ml.
- En-R-Gee 15 ml.
- Rutavala 5 ml. .
************ • Bon Voyage Travel Pack (469903).
Wholesale: $71.00 | Retail: $93.42 | PV 51.25.
- Available on Quick Order and ER.
- Order limit of 2 per account, per month.
- Zippered branded carrying case.
- Morning Start Bath & Shower Gel, 2 oz.
- Genesis Hand & Body Lotion, 2 oz.
- Lavender Shampoo, 2 oz.
- Lavender Conditioner, 2 oz.
- ART Light Moisturizing Cream, 10g.
- Cinnamint Lip Balm.
- Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier, 1 oz.
- Thieves, Aromabright Toothpaste, 2 oz. .
************ • Mineral Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 10 (23307).
Wholesale: $33.75 | Retail: $44.41 | PV 26.75.
- Available on Quick order and ER.
- No order limits. #ylcanada#sunandmoonessentialoils
Besides the fact that I get to take care of the most precious little ones, I think that my favorite thing about switching from Adult Med-Surg to Pediatric Nursing is that I get to wear pink pants to work. 💕 Haha 🙃
Taking a break from the usual relaxing travel pictures to bring you to my everyday. Maybe not this extreme everyday, but to show you my life isn't always beautiful trips, hiking, and puppy dogs. Those are just the things I NEED to do to cope with the moments like this one. .
People ask, "how do you not take this home with you?" The answer is... I don't know. Things that happened here you can't unsee, but I suppose I try to think more about the work family and the effort put into this situation.
Work Family: The people you see almost everyday, you don't always get along, but when the going gets tough, you come together. .
And that's exactly what happened. Going home knowing everyone communicated thoroughly, asked for advice on what we could do next, no matter if you were nurse, surgeon, Anesthesiologist, CRNA, scrub tech, attending, resident, new grad or experienced. No idea is stupid. Everyone is equal with one common goal... to literally save a life. Whether you are successful or not, you can honestly say you tried everything.
I'm going to miss this work family when I leave. The teamwork is hands down some of the best I've seen anywhere. But I'm ready to take a break from this scene and do small outpatient elective surgeries at my next travel nurse assignment. A change of pace to help heal my heart from seeing these tragedies... but I'll be back.
P.s shout out to the housekeeping staff that has to clean this up after.. I would quit.
Reposted from @offtheclocknurse
We know that it’s going to get harder before it gets easier. There is no one else I’d rather have by my side on this journey. Total career shift for both of us in our 30’s. We are scared, anxious, excited, & ready. Should we make bets on who will cry more?! Here goes everything....