From the series "Zoya"By - @lizavanderstock
The goal of this project is to visually describe the transgender community in Mumbai (India) through personal stories of their members that together counter perceptions of the community as a monolithic group. Indian transgenders are faced with a lot of discrimination because of prejudice, superstition and ignorance. One of the transgenders in the project is Zoya, a Muslim transgender, running her own Madrassa. Zoya is highly respected in her community because of her intelligence, kindness and the free education she provides for the underprivileged children from the area. I made this series on her life because her story is so inspirational for the rest of the transgender community as well as the rest of the population. I spent a lot of time photographing and interviewing her and her community as well as collecting photos and videos made by the community members itself.
My name is Liza Van der Stock and I live in Antwerp, Belgium. In my work, I integrate my sociological background into photography to make photo documentaries that focus on relevant social issues.Currently, I'm pursuing a PhD in the Arts at the Universiteit Antwerpen and the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp.
Shipwreck Bay living up to its reputation. The surfer too 😉 @scottysinton
1 23an hour ago
After the record breaking snow we received I was happy for skiing but discouraged in finding bubbles this year. With a little luck and some open water still freezing we found what we were looking for!
Collared Sunbird in our back yard, Nairobi. __________________________________________
For prints please contact me at
1 39an hour ago
"Kaspian Pier Alpenglow" Lake Tahoe. December 2018.
Male African Elephants going from black to grey, in Mole National Park. I got to observe this herd up close during my stay in the park. They seemed to love bathing in a lake and then sprinkling dirt over themselves thoroughly, possibly to keep away the biting flies!
At times God puts us through the discipline of darkness to teach us to heed Him. Song birds are taught to sing in the dark, and we are put into the shadow of God's hand until we learn to hear Him...Watch where God puts you into darkness, and when you are there keep your mouth shut. Are you in the dark just now in your circumstances, or in your life with God? Then remain quiet...When you are in the dark, listen, and God will give you a very precious message for someone else when you get into the light. - Oswald Chambers
Is it weird that I preferred Canyonlands over the Grand Canyon? — At least the South Rim 😝 Amazing how people can totally alter your perception of a place. It’s kinda funny cuz everyone has told me how I HAVE TO see the Grand Canyon, and there I was like “really??” 😧 I mean it’s not like it’s not beautiful, but let’s just say reality didn’t live up to expectations. I suppose I need to get away from the crowds, and maybe even visit a different time of year. 🤷🏻♀️ I’m always open to second chances 😆
Kangchenjunga (8586m), meaning "the five treasures of the high snow" referring to its five peaks, is the third highest mountain in the world. The treasures represent the five repositories of God, which are gold, silver, gems, grain and religious texts.
- When Joe Brown and George Band made the first ascent of Kangchenjunga in 1955 they stopped short of the summit as per the promise given to the king of Sikkim that the top of the mountain would remain inviolate. Every climber that has reached the summit has followed this tradition.
- It is said that Kangchenjunga has the character of a woman and therefore it kills the women who are trying to reach the summit. The first woman, who managed to climb Kanchenjunga and stay alive, was Jeanette Harrison, in 1998. So far only five women successfully reached the summit and get back safely.
- Despite the worldwide tendency to reduce death rate during mountain climbing, recent statistics shows that Kanchenjunga’s rate has increased over the last decade to 22%.
Канченджанга (8586 м) - третья по высоте гора в мире. Ее название переводится как «пять сокровищ великих снегов», так как горный массив состоит из 5 вершин. По легенде сокровищами являются золото, серебро, драгоценные камни, зерно и религиозные тексты.
- Когда Джо Браун и Джордж Бенд совершили первое восхождение на Канченджангу в 1955 году, они остановились в нескольких шагах от вершины в соответствии с обещанием, данным королю Сиккима, что вершина горы останется нетронутой. Каждый альпинист, который достиг вершины, следовал этой традиции.
- Говорят, что Канченджанга имеет характер женщины и поэтому убивает женщин, которые пытаются покорить вершину. Первой женщиной, которой удалось подняться на Канченджангу и вернуться с нее живой, была Джанет Харрисон в 1998 году. Пока только пять женщин достигли вершины и благополучно вернулись.
- Несмотря на всемирную тенденцию к снижению смертности во время восхождений, статистические данные показывают, что за последнее десятилетие уровень смертности на Канченджанге увеличился до 22%.
"East Shore Boulder Reflections"
Hahnemühle textured fine art paper, blue and turquoise matting, archival glass.
Framed in South Lake Tahoe by Tom at Artrageous.
3 552 days ago
Fog, light, and trees is a perfect recipe. Taken recently in the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.
With who would you like to overlook the many volcanoes in Indonesia? Tag you travel buddy!
Share your adventures on #iloveactivetravel
Credits to @josiahwg
136 18952 days ago
Another one of #Uluru, one of my most favourite places in the world. We were really lucky to find mist and low clouds, something very uncommon in the red centre! Photographed during a photography workshop with my friend @adamwilliamsphotography