Today on the blog, we run down how to get our favorite travel perk: the Southwest Companion pass. We’ve had it 3 times over the last four years and it’s saved us thousands of dollars on flights! Here’s how it works: I buy a flight with points, pay the $11.20 in taxes and fees and then add my companion for another $11.20. 9/10 of our flights are with points that stretch twice as far because of the Companion Pass and the other 1/10 is when work pays for me to travel 🤓 Check out the link in our profile to get the deets about how you can get CP status!
2 402 hours ago
Missing that island life!🌴🌞
Wish I could teleport there now! If you got a free ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Ataraxia ⒩: the state of blissful and extreme calm.
Watching the sunset and waiting for the first stars ✨ I am always at peace. Those moments when the world is quiet and the air is cool are my absolute favorite.
Everywhere we travel we stay up late and wake up early to get these little moments to ourselves, when we can have a cup of coffee (or do some stretching) and watch the world slow down ☕️💫
📸:featuring an unedited desert sunset 🌅
13 1369 hours ago
⬅️ Swipe left for full budget 👀
Travel Sink Fund:$1000
Before and During Travel Buys: $182.23
4 days in Cuba (No gifts): $202.10
Full Budget: $405.33 (Before and During, Cuba, and gifts)
Total Price: $663.24
Tips and Tricks for Cuba Travel
* Toilet paper in ziploc bag for cuban bathrooms
* $100+ CUC’s a day because everything is unpredictable and a clear set budget, 3 people ran out of money during the trip
* Comfort added to your shoes or good walking shoes
* Cuban cellphone and card- if your host does not provide one
* Negotiate almost every price unless it’s at a resort hotel, especially with your taxi drivers, walk away if you need too, someone else will do it for cheaper
* Dark creepy entrances and stairways have the best food
* Find a local and a new friend to show you around the city for free.99
* Support the Cuban people they are so lovely and kind!
* Rest between activities
* Watch out for scams- never settle for first price and be careful with too much talking and people trying to get you to pay for food or drinks
* Make sure you gauge true participation before agreeing to payment of activities
* Visit a Cuban Playa, the water is perfecto!
* Do a carriage ride around Habana Vieja
* Plans change be ready for it and dont allow it to effect you
* Wifi is a blessing in the States and is very slow and unpredictable in Cuba- Hotel have the best connection
* Find a taxi friend who will let you pay for the day
* Our air bnb is at the top of a 24/7 restaurant. We in there and you should too!
* Be patient! With wifi, people, and your taxi! 😂👏🏾🙋🏾♀️
No words needed ❤🔥 @topbudapestphoto@topeuropephoto
The city of #Budapest is definetely my biggest love, without any doubt. For travelers, I can honestlx advise @v1budapest, the best airbnb, with the dopest view! Who wouldn't want to get up, and have a coffee with this view? 🙌🏽🙈😍😍
As #HispanicHeritageMonth comes to a close, New Orleans keeps on celebrating.
@RitmeauxKrewe, NOLA’s first Latin dance krewe, has made it their mission to promote the city’s Hispanic heritage all year round. You can catch this Mardi Gras troupe rolling in all the must-see parades - and join the celebration of rhythms, traditions, and vibrant roots that make NOLA so unique.