Very very very old illustration - in fact it’s the first one that I drew on my Wacom tablet for the first time in my life! A really good message though, and one that I am currently living by 😅😍 this message applies to ANYTHING that you’re trying to achieve - whether it’s fitness, business or any personal goal!! 💗💗💗@amandabucci always a babe!!! 💗💗💗
Should you juice your fruit? 🥤
Juices are everywhere these days - green juice, superfood juice, immunity boosting juice, miracle juice, disease curing juice... But 1) Are they good for us? and 2) Are they worth the calories?
Here are the pros and cons:
✔️ freshly squeezed juices retain most of the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
✔️ can provide some of the recommended 2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of veg per day
✔️ packs in nutrition for someone who may not be eating very much or is too ill to eat
✖juices pack in a whole lot of calories/sugar and presents fruit in a form that can be easily over consumed
✖️ the fibre is diminished during the juicing process, meaning the juice will be digested really quickly and disallows us to feel full
✖️ one apple has 3g of fibre, is 72 calories and would take roughly 5 minutes to eat... One apple juice is made of 3-5 apples, has no fibre, is 310 calories and takes no more than 2 minutes to drink.... Ya feel me?
So what? ❗️think of juices as a mini-meal or a large snack, not something that quenches thirst
❗️if you feel like fruit/veg - eat them in their natural form. You'll not only be having the amazing fibre, but you'll feel a lot fuller and therefore end up consuming less calories.
❗️order the smallest juice sizes where possible
❗️when thirsty, drink water: it's available, accessible, the only drink that quenches thirst and... It's free!!!
Are you a frequent juice drinker? What are some of your tips to reduce your reliance on sugary drinks?
Make a promise to yourself to make the Active Living philosophy your own, just like our leading lady @ljclarkson has 🙌 Sign up to our Active Living Programme at movenourishbelieve.com and receive free weekly recipes, workouts and inspo.
// Remember to stop & smile // When you wake up, do you list your “to-dos” as soon as your eyes open or do you wake up with a grateful heart ❣
I have learnt that waking up with gratitude rather than my lists really does set my day up to have more laugher, more fun, more love, productivity and overall abundance 💓 🌿
My journey on this path started with high quality nutrition and as my “insides” felt better, less bloated, more energised, more focused and content, everything else in my life did too... and more and more happier, fun, purpose-driven and genuinely good people started coming into my life — it starts with health and blossoms into gratitude and ripples in you all aspects of your life 🙏🏼✨🙏🏼 When was the last time you felt that ? If you can’t remember, why not head over to @livelifegeneration - you have nothing to loose x
4 182 hours ago
Bit of an update since my last post a few weeks ago: (I needed a healthy break from the digital world and the associated obligations of posting and being constantly active when trying to build up ur account 😆)
🦄 Got my first proper massage in 3 YEARS (yep pretty fkd) at Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre in Richmond (highly recommend) because I’ve been getting headaches leeching up through my traps. (Pls no one let yourself get to this point it’s truly awful)
Massages are expensive af but worth every penny since it’s an investment in your own health.
🧘♀️ Been doing yoga 3-4 times a week to break up my resistance training program and improve my balance and flexibility as well as improve my consciousness and connection with my own mind and body
💃 Have been off pre workout for over 10 weeks!!!! to give my body a break from stronger stimulants (still drinking coffee tho lol) but have significantly improved my sleeping pattern since I can actually fall asleep easily after training at night
✔️ Do you enjoy exercising the way you do each day?
✔️ Does your training style make you feel physically and mentally good?
✔️ Could you exercise the way you do for the rest of your life?
If you answered no to any of the above, then maybe it’s time for a change - either to your exercise regime or to the way you view your workouts 💪🏻
My tips -
1. Reward your commitment not your results - Don’t get caught up in losing weight or gaining muscle, it will come. Sure seeing physical results are great but if it means punishing yourself with hours of cardio if you don’t, then chances are your going to lose motivation, FAST. Instead, try to reward your commitment to your health not the number of the scales.
2. Change the intention - If your focus is short term then how do you expect to create a “healthy” lifestyle. Focus on all of the other positive results. I choose to exercise because it gives me more energy, it releases any stress, it improves my digestion and it’s another way I can challenge myself.
3. Mix it up - exercise doesn’t have to be in a gym and it doesn’t have to be going for a 10km run. Find what works for you. I love to box, I also love long walks with friends or listening to a podcast, I love pilates, resistance and weight training. As soon as I start to resent my workouts I know it’s time for a change.
4. Set Goals – Not weight loss or physical body goals, but fitness goals. Don’t do them for any one else, do them for you 🙏🏻💜
Hey guys! Thought I’d share a few of my favourite exercises with you all!
Enjoy! 😂💪 • Single Leg Deadlifts (my absolute favourite!!)
• Sumo Squats & Lateral Lunges (love the burn of the inner thighs!)
• Oblique Bends
• Side Planks (love & hate! 😂) One thing you can take away from this post is that you don’t need much space (or time) to workout! 😘
10 373 hours ago
Can’t wait for next weeks Lorna Jane pop up store!! If you want to pop in and get a great discount plus a hiit Workout - Pm me for more info! #lornajane#popupstore#hiittraining .
Do you feel like your youth died at 30?? I keep seeing these horrible birthday ideas for when you turn 30. You have a funeral for your youth. Umm hello. Your youth does not die at a certain age.
Im turning 37 in April and I feel better then ever. I think that once you start believing you are old then you start to feel old. So really why give in.
I refuse to feel old, I'm not old. I'm still trying new things, taking on new challenges and loving it. Don't give in. Don't have a funeral for your youth.
I will only have one funeral in my life, and if I have anything to say about it, its not happening anytime soon.
Last week to sign up for my latest series of bootcamp sessions FIT by Fran! 💪🏻💦 These sessions are part of a four week package! Starting October 2nd, sessions will run Tuesday and Thursday 6-7am AND your choice of a Saturday (7-8am) or Sunday (7.30-8.30am) session! ALL sessions are run outdoors at BIC reserve Bassendean ☀️ Cost is $150 for the package 💦💪🏻💕 DM me to secure your place or for any further Q’s. #fitbyfran#perthworkout#femalefitness#femaleworkout#outdoorfitness#outdoorworkout
2 246 hours ago
Find an exercise you LOVE & you will never have to "keep fit" in your life !! Pole for Strength, Yoga for Mind, Pilates for Flexibility. 💪🏻
I'm always kept motivated by the inspirational quotes & beautiful women who offer unconditional support & motivation!! 🦄 👙@lornajaneactive ✨Mind|Body|Magic
Get Active Nation Day Ready with the right support. 💪 Shop your new favorite sports bras from @lornajaneus now and select Afterpay at checkout to only pay 4 equal installments due every 2 weeks. The best part – no hidden fees and you get to enjoy your order today #afterpayit#afterpay
One of the things that a September 22-day challenger who sits all day when she is at work talked about on our Member of the Week coaching call last week was that she often has a sore back and wanted some stretches that might help. 👩🏻💻👩🏼💻👩🏽💻👩🏾💻👩🏿💻 I know she is not alone so here are some stretches for when you find yourself with (or to help prevent) a stiff, tight or sore back. Try integrating them throughout your day to help keep your spine flexible plus loosen up your back and upper body. 👏💗👏💗👏💗 Check out @thetodayshow on Thursday where I’ll be on demo’ing some fun, easy ways to get more movement in to your work day. 👏👏👏👏👏👏 Remember to ease yourself in gently with each stretch so you can see if they work for your body. #stretching#backstretch#lornajane#lornajaneactive@lornajaneactive 💕🖤 ps. Know anyone who’d benefit from these stretches? Be sure to tag them. 🙏😘
Who’s got a hankering for some half-kneeling t-spine mobility? 🙋♀️
This is one of my go-to pre walk/run mobility drills. It involves opening up the hip flexors and firing on the Glutes all while working into more thoracic rotation. .
The legs, hips, t-spine and arms all work together to propel us through our gait. If you’re stiff in your thoracic rotation, you might search for mobility in your low back which can lead to issues around the sacroiliac joint. .
I like to include warm-ups like this for my pre/postnatal clients as well. New moms often walk with a stroller which ends up locking their arms in place, preventing any arm swing and thoracic rotation. A prep exercise like this helps bring awareness to ranges of motion we should be working into. .
Make sure your ribs are stacked over your hips for an aligned posture, and you have the abs and Glutes engaged to hold your pelvis level. Hold that locked-in hip position as you exhale and rotate the rib cage toward the front knee. This will stabilize the low back while allowing you to reach into range through the upper back. I also like to go for an overhead reach to help open up my hip flexors as well. .
Outfit by @lornajanecanada@lornajaneactive#mobility#tspine#thoracicmobility#rotation#gait#posture#stretch#purposefulprep#walking#running#workouttips#workoutvideo#mindfulmovement#personaltrainer#coach#prenatalfitness#postnatalfitness#lornajaneactive#lornajane#activewear#athleisure
It's an amazing time of year when I see so many people beginning their health and fitness journeys.
These are my top tips for getting long term results and creating a lifestyle change instead of a 4 week blitz that fizzles. I'll share a video on these topics over the week in my stories!
1. Get really clear about what you want to achieve and really think about how it will improve your life. Seeing how it can flow into your goals and dreams will increase your commitment.
2. Focus on creating habit focussed goals. This means that instead of saying I want to lose X amount of kilo's by a certain date. Try setting a goal around habits like eating to fuel your body and training X times a week. So if you are looking at a Xmas time frame you could say that the goal is to eat whole foods 80% of the week, leaving 20% for outings and a cheeky wine or two. And that you will train 4 times a week for 45 minutes. Habits create the kilo loss anyway and purely focussing on the amount, will only leave you frustrated and possibly wishing for it instead of working for it.
2. Hire help! Trying to create a lifestyle change without assistance from a coach is like trying to build a house without a builder or a quality plan. Doing it yourself leaves you open to making emotional based decisions instead of educated ones if you are working with a good coach.
3. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel! Intermittent fasting, keto, LCHF and what ever else is the latest fads at the moment aren't going to change your life and give you any better results than you've had before unless you address the underlying problem, which is commitment. They all work, but how long can you stick to them?
4. Think big, act small! Yes set yourself a really big goal, but take bite sized chunks out of it. I know you want it NOW, but reality is, all of the times that you've already tried the fast approach, where did they get you?
5. Celebrate your wins. This is way overlooked and should be repeated every time that you have a win. Gratitude and positivity breeds more of the same and if you are forever beating yourself up instead of building yourself up, you will only crumble in the long term. 😀
1 217 hours ago
Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games 🎶. I’m pretty sure 90% of my wardrobe consists of animal & jungle print. So glad the Lorna Jane ladies tracked down these Jungle Warrior core tights, I almost missed out👌🏼
5 258 hours ago
CHOICES are CHANCES to move closer to your goals🙏🏻 April 2016⬅️ September 2018➡️
I remember taking this photo on the left feeling pretty low and in the moment decided that this was going to be my before photo😢 I made the CHOICE to start to workout and Eat more healthy choices👏👏 I’ve been ALL over the place in between these pics🤯 but one things always stuck with me and that is ‘everyday we are presented with choices that are disguised as chances to move me either towards or away from my goals!’↔️ So I’m mindful of my body and feelings with ALL my choices🙌 I’m glad I made the choice back in 2016 to make a change.... the first step is to commit to yourself👣💕 #promisetomyself
Another one of my love/hate exercises is the Bulgarian Split Squat.
It is also one that is performed incorrectly A LOT! Most people place their raised foot last and hop around until they are in position and quite often, end up with far too wide a stance. When your stance is too wide, it causes your back to hyperextend which can lead to injury. It also hinders range of motion.
The key to getting into proper position is resting your knee on the floor, then hook or place your foot on the bench. Make sure the back of your leg is nice and tight against your calf.
You should almost feel a stretch in your quad. This position will allow you to develop a full range of motion and you’ll be better able to target your quads and glutes.
When pushing up, push through your heel. Your knee should be over your toes, not past them.
15 16973 days ago
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram