So here are all 100 pieces for #the100dayproject and #100daysofindigopatterns and here is what I have learned from creating 100 pieces and what I will take away for when I do this again next year :
1. Keep it small! Most of my pieces were painted on A4 (21cm x 29.7cm) and some days that felt like a big ol’ page to fill.
2. Keep it focused! Working only with indigo for the 100 days, which to some might have seemed very limiting, was actually very liberating. It enabled me to focus on working with the medium of watercolour, learning how it interacts and moves with less or more water.
3. Keep it simple! It was good to remind myself on this journey that a pattern does not always need to be intricate and detailed. A pattern can be something as simple as stripes on a page!
4. Keep it cohesive! By photographing it on the same background it gave a unified feel to the whole project and of course my choice of using one colour also contributed to this.
4. Keep it interactive! One of the purposes of the 100 day project is to follow the hashtag and interact with other artists taking part. I really enjoyed interacting with other artists doing this project and sharing some tips on maintaining motivation.
5. Keep motivated! I won’t deny that I had some slump periods during the 100 days when I felt a creative block but if you have to take a few days out, do it and come back to the table with fresh eyes!
Thank you to everyone who supported me along the way with comments and likes. Every single one meant so much and encouraged me to keep going 💙 #watercolor#watercolour#watercolorart#watercolorist#watercolor_daily#watercolorpainting#irishartists#createeveryday#paint#100daycollective#100days
This Kuretake-Gansai Tambi Watercolour set is filled with traditional Japanese watercolours for professional artists and crafters alike.
These extra large pans (4.5 x 2.5cm) are ideal for sketching, illustration, sumi-e, manga, calligraphy and more. The range includes a good selection of vivid colours with creamy consistencies. All of the colours are extremely lightfast.🤗