It’s been a while since our last post for a 💔 reason but with a happy ending. Approx 5 days ago Tai ate some rose hips, while technically not considered poisonous they can have some pretty nasty side effects. His side affects were; vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation, shivering and cramping (he would whimper and thrash about once and a while). Tai gradually became worse and on the third day we called the traveling vet (the nearest vet is over 500km away) only to find out they were on vacation for the week :( . We decided that night to try an olive oil and warm water enema.....still nothing happened. Next we found out about a vet tech in town and talked to them, they advised bringing Tai to the vet in Sault St Marie. That day I was scared to leave Tai alone and brought him to work with me for the second day in a row, Chris called the vet as soon as they opened and they told him to drive him down and they would take him first thing the next morning, they also gave us the overnight emergency number. I rushed back to town with Tai so Chris could leave right away, He had the car packed and ready to go, while he was booking their hotel room for the night I decided to give Tai some pain medication left over from his nose surgery this summer, approximately 15min later Tai pooped out rose hips (or what was left). It took 24 hours for him to bounce back but now he is eating, playing, pooping and running around like the same little Tai he was before this ordeal started. The last few days have been really tough, mostly for Tai but also for the rest of us, it is heart wrenching watching such a cutie pie go through so much pain. I suppose the moral of the story here is that if you even suspect your dog has consumed something they shouldn’t of have call the vet right away, I wish I had of done that now. It started off so gradual but became such a major problem. We are so lucky he is ok! 🐾
Guess What? tag a friend
Follow 👉 @pugswithattitude
Grab some FREE stuff from us! Only pay for shipping! Click the webpage in our bio now!
1 101an hour ago
Someone went for a sleepover at @grumblefarmpugrescue daycare, got a little overwhelmed, pooped his pants and ended up getting picked up early (only cause someone else was overly worried, as per usual 🙋♀️🤨) He had trouble keeping his eyes open, on the ride home💤