One thing’s for sure ☝️
I am confident in this year. For no other reason besides that I am choosing to actively make decisions. I am learning to not be afraid of disappointing others if it means doing something that feels right to me
And with that mindset I’m starting my 24 hour trip back to Lobitos tomorrow afternoon ✈️ -
Comment if you’re ready to take on 2019 with a new mindset of any kind ⬇️
This date sweetened/ oil free granola, might just be my favorite recipe I’ve ever made. And even though the recipe has been on my website, I thought I’d leave it here for y’all to make it even easier. Let me know if you try it! Enjoy :) *I paired it with @lovvelavva ‘s original yogurt and frozen blueberries.
* 2 cups gluten free oats
* 10-12 pitted dates or roughly 1/2 cup (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes & drained)
* 1/4 cup buckwheat groats
* 1/4 unsalted almonds
* 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
* 1 tbsp chia seeds
* 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
* 3 tbsp. almond butter * 5 tbsp. water (added in slowly)
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon * 1/4 tsp pink salt * Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a small pot boil about 1/2 cup of water. Turn off after boiling and place the dates in the hot water to soak for 5 minutes. Then drain the dates.
3. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray a bit of coconut oil evenly on the paper.
4. In a food processor blend the dates & the almond butter together. Add in water little by little until it’s all combined and creamy.
5. In a bowl mix together everything except the date/ almond butter mixture.
6. Now add in the date/almond butter mixture into the dry mixture, in a bowl until it's all evenly combined.
7. Place the mixture onto your pan and pat down so that it's all even.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Toss around for extra crunchy granola or leave it as is for slightly chewy granola.
9. Bake for another 15-20 minutes. Keeping an eye on it closely as it can burn quickly.
10. Let it cool in pan after taking it out of the oven.
11. *Very important last step*: Make sure it's completely room temperature before storing. Once you put it in an air container if it's even the slightest of warm still it will turn into stale tasting granola. You don't want that! So make sure it's completely cool/room temperature. I leave mine out for an hour or two to make sure this doesn't happen.
Forever eating the rainbow over here 🌈☀️❤️ our Dream On bowl has the perfect mix of flavors and spice with house-made merguez sausage, artichokes, pink couscous, arugula, olive tapenade, and a lemon garlic aioli drizzled on top!
2 194an hour ago
TOAST THURSDAY .
Back home, back to basics. I just love a good piece of toast! So simple, and so tasty.
Hummus with pine nuts, tomato with cracked pepper and a classic smashed avo. Topped with fresh basil from the garden - yum! .
Which one’s your favourite?
RADICAL.. is characterized by departure from tradition. As a vegan I find it somewhat amusing that at the age of 56 I can now be considered RADICAL.. 😂
But if it’s radical to greatly improve my health and heighten my level of compassion then RADICAL is what I am.... VEGAN STRONG 💪🏻🌱 #vegan#animalrightsactivist#animalrights#veganhealth#healthyvegan
Just around the corner from our house is this great Vietnamese restaurant that has my favorite tofu fresh rolls. They are inexpensive, delicious, filling and served with a creamy peanut dipping sauce. The thing is while it is right around the corner it just isn’t a spot we go to often since we have shifted our focus back to eating more meals at home. // So today I took on making my own fresh rolls and my own homemade peanut sauce. It was so good I thought I would share it with you.
POST: [link in profile] #ontheblog .
What is one dish you love to order out that you’d like to try making at home?
Wednesday is smile day.
Let’s check in with why you smile!
For me it is waking up everyday and have the opportunity to coach those who want to balance their gut out. I smile because I have a loving and supportive party. I smile when I cook and make delicious food.
What about you?
I make some version of this warm grain salad pretty much year-round. This one had: kale + arugula + farro + roasted butternut squash + roasted beets + purple cabbage + chickpeas + pumpkin seeds + pomegranate arils + a spicy date, carrot & orange tahini dressing.
I thought I would share how I build a balanced meal for anyone out there looking to incorporate more plant-based foods into their life this year!
My meals always follow this base formula: dark leafy greens + whole grains + protein + cruciferous veggie + healthy fat. Regardless of what I’m making, I always try to include these things. Everything else that finds its way in is an added bonus!
Below is what I eat most often from each category:
DARK LEAFY GREENS: kale, chard, arugula, spinach, collards, beet greens, bok choy
WHOLE GRAINS: rice (brown, black, wild), farro, barley, quinoa (not technically a grain, I knowww)
PROTEIN: beans (black, kidney, garbanzo, pinto), lentils, tofu, tempeh
CRUCIFEROUS VEGGIES: broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, purple cabbage, rutabaga
HEALTHY FATS: nuts, seeds, nut butter or seed butter-based sauce/dressing, avocado, olives (I don’t use oil)
Eating this way helps me be creative and makes me feel like I’m covering most of my nutritional bases! Making a curry but missing a cruciferous veggie? Toss some cauliflower in! Making a soup but missing some greens? Wilt some spinach down into it! Hope it’s helpful for someone 😊
Over ripe 🥑 causing you grief? Throw them in a muffin! These blueberry-avocado muffins are packed with healthy fats, nutrients & protein making them the perfect snack!
Tag someone in the comments that you want to share these with! 👯♀️
Recipe & image credit: @fnewell.rd.cpt 💚🌱
I made this simple and delicious Moroccan Stew at the beginning of the week and it has lasted me up until today. So tasty! I love the sweet potatoes and the flavourful spices. 😍 It also has celery, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and peppers. PS: If anyone wants the recipe, message me.
you guys, this was so yummy. seitan is slowly becoming one of my favorite ever things to make because even though it can be a little difficult, the outcome is always SO GOOD! so here is my brown rice bowl filled with sautéed onions, garlic, and eggplant, steamed broccoli, and homemade seitan!!!! topped w cilantro (also my favorite) and green onions! 🍚🥦🍆🌶🥡🥢 (p.s. new blog post!!!!!!)
did my kombucha tell a funny joke...or am i just mesmerised by my honourable nachos from @elixiba 🤷🏼♀️ @tonourishcaitlin@run2food
i just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who responded to my story from yesterday, i REALLY appreciate the feedback! i was actually quite surprised that you guys want to see more of ME, and honestly the idea feels a bit daunting, but i shall give the people what they want 👯♀️ (while also sharing what I WANT to as well @plantpoweredprue 😉)
I have struggled with my weight for alot of years...
I hated the reflection I saw in the mirror, my dream was to be skinny and never worry about eating too much.
Well, this dream became reality thanks to veganism. 🌱
Since I became vegan I never gained weight anymore while I eat ALOT more than I did back then and never work out.
I feel so much more healthier and happier... Not only because I got skinnier, but because I found peace in my mind from knowing that my existence on earth does no harm to innocent creatures anymore. 💚
Here’s another pic of these amazing vegan pancakes! 🥞🍌🍫 This was definitely one of my favourite recipes to make and so easy too! 🌿🌸 The recipe for them should be on my previous post if you want to make them as well. Have a great Sunday! 🌞☺️
96 29743 days ago
⏩ WHAT WILL YOU BE EATING TODAY❔⏪⏩
▪ Another VEGAN FULL DAY OF EATING for you guys since you appreciate them so much and I really appreciate the support on those posts ! 💚 These MEAL examples are supposed to help you figure out WHAT YOU CAN EAT on a VEGAN DIET ! Note that these are merely examples and you can choose for yourself what foods you would like to eat... nevertheless, if you decide to give my LUNCH, BREAKFAST & DINNER IDEAS a try you need to adjust the amounts of each FOOD ITEM do your caloric needs or cravings (because these meals are really YUMMY...! 😉) That's also the reason WHY I didn't put any calories or amounts of each MEAL ! 🙌 🌱
👉 Obviously, you can also SWAP OUT SOME ITEMS but the way I structured it, you will get the most important MINERALS, VITAMINS, ANTIOXIDANTS & overall PHYTONUTRIENTS from your LUNCH ! Feel free to add more veggies to your meals or even more fruits as a simple snack ! 🌱
◾ FOLLOW @plantsforfit ☑
◾ LIKE & SHARE this post with everyone you know ☑
◾ TURN ON MY POST NOTIFICATIONS ☑