Green Curry - easy comfort food recipe by @pinchofyum below:
For the Green Curry:
12 ounces firm tofu
a swish of olive oil + a sprinkle of salt
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 tablespoons green curry paste
3 14-ounce cans coconut milk
3-or-so cups broccoli florets
Tofu: Press the tofu with paper towels to remove water. Cut tofu into cubes. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the tofu, sprinkle with salt, and pan fry for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
Veggies: Add sweet potatoes, coconut milk, and curry paste to the soup pot. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Add broccoli and tofu. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is bright green.
Finishing it off: I like to add a handful of golden raisins and cilantro and a sprinkle of brown sugar will take this over the top.
86 71504:05 PM Oct 13, 2018
Green Curry 🌱 by @melaniejuel. Ingredients:
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp green curry paste
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or thinly sliced
1 tsp lime zest
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup cut eggplant, roasted or sautéed
1 8oz can of bamboo shoots, drained
1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
1 cup vegetable stock
2 cans full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup Thai basil leaves (regular works too if you can’t find the Thai variety!)
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 cup tofu cut into cubes (either as is or fried in oil for 5 minutes), or half of a 12 oz package
1. Warm oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and salt, and stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add the curry paste, ginger and lime zest. Cook while stirring for a minute.
3. Add vegetable stock, stir and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to low heat. Add bell pepper and coconut milk. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add roasted eggplant, tofu, drained bamboo shoots and peas. You can add other veggies such as broccoli if you want!
5. Increase heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes - do not let it boil! Stir occasionally.
6. Add basil and lime juice, and cook for a minute. Then serve over jasmine rice, and enjoy!
🎵 Music is “Let Go” by Ikson