Sunday afternoon in #Tokyo gardens 🇯🇵 Замечательно-солнечный воскресный день в Токио 😍 в парке #Hamarikyu. Жаль что листья еще не начали менять цвет, думаю что в сезон момидзи здесь еще красивее 🍁 #elena_travelblog_japan
Let’s talk about sustainable tourism! Sustainable development and tourism are two subjects that are near and dear to me and there’s no better case study than Venice. Beautiful Venice is rightly a UNESCO World Heritage Site and draws over 28 million tourists annually. However the local population has decreased by 2/3 since the 1940s as locals find this level of tourism unbearable and devastating to their quality of life. Though tourism assists the economy it can also lead to pollution, litter and disruption to locals. The following are 5 tips to help reduce your impact:
1. Try to time your trip for the off peak season. It will alleviate tourism stress on the city during the peak summer months where foot traffic can be gridlock. I visited Venice in January with a close friend and it was incredible - less crowds, the chance to speak to locals and much less expensive!
2. Recognise and respect that the majority of the city’s tourist sites are first and foremost religious places that hold deep spiritual significance to Venetians. Be respectful and follow all directions on where and when photos are allowed and when to quiet your voice whilst visiting sites like St. Mark’s Cathedral.
3. Take time to visit Venice’s other islands and do not restrict your stay to just the mainland. Each island has its own special offer. Lido has a beautiful beach, Murano is famed around the world for its artisan glass and so on... Pay these islands a visit and support their tourism.
4. Buy local! This tip can be extended everywhere. Forget about the Starbucks and Hard Rock Cafes - patronise family businesses. Avoid buying mass-manufactured souvenirs and support a local artist instead.
5. Seek to understand! History can be wonderful, uncomfortable, beautiful, enlightening, depressing and uplifting. Ask locals questions. Take time to read up on the sites you visit and appreciate local insight and opinions shared with you. Take it in and don’t just focus on what makes a good photo for the “gram” (though we all know documenting your trip is important too 🙂)💫
The first time I saw the Eiffel Tower 12 years ago on my first trip to Europe it blew me away! Coming back to it yesterday was bittersweet, while it is still a stunning site, recent terror attacks has meant the Eiffel Tower is currently being glassed up around the bottom and has strict security checks which means you are no longer freely able to walk under it like I did the first time all those years ago. I don’t blame the government for taking these precautions, I just think it’s a sad world that it has come to this. Peace for the whole human race ✌🏼 #lovenotwar#hope#humansofplanetearth#eiffeltower#france
I am made for autumn. Summer and I have a fickle relationship, but everything about autumn is perfect to me. Woolly jumpers, scarves, thin first, then thick socks. The low slanting light, the crisp mornings, the chill in my fingers, those last warm sunny days before the rain and the wind. The moody hues and subdued palette punctuated every now and again by a brilliant orange, scarlet or cooper goodbye. - Alys Fowler 🍂🍁 I’m so glad autumn is finally here, it’s my favourite season 💛🍂🍁 #Madrid#Autumn#WorldDreamingBlog
Wish every morning starts this way, with sugar and spice and everything nice 🌟.
Phố cổ Hội An đẹp quá đỗi mà sao...nắng quá vậy? 😅
14 519an hour ago
• Everyone out here with their pumpkin pictures already, I start small 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 If you watched my stories from yesterday you’d have seen the disastrous adventure that we went on to go apple picking. We were out in the countryside, it was raining, but it was kinda beautiful, and we made the best of a day out! •
A little fun fact about me: I was born and raised in Singapore but my parents are from Hong Kong! Hence I’m a HK PR and go back pretty much once a year. Think I’ve been back around 20 times at least! Have you ever been to HK? And if you have, what’s your favourite part about it☺️ (Photo by the little brother who is happily in HK now @angusible)
Spesso mi sento dire: "Lampedusa? Ancora? Non ti stanca?" Ed io mi chiedo se ci sia davvero qualcuno in questo mondo che potrebbe mai stufarsi di...questo. Voi? ✨
9 12914 hours ago
From Singapore to Phuket- this absolutely stunning swimsuit has been my perfect companion.
One of the biggest reasons why I adore @ukswimwear is because they take time to look after exactly what their customer wants. I mean, you not only get an awesomely curated product range BUT ALSO! You can do yourself one-up by checking the recommendations on their blogs for all budgets and sizes. I absolutely LOVE this one that was personally suggested to me by the awesome people there!
What do you think? 🤩
📷 @maliciousdraculaura & @ki.jo_ ❤️❤️🔥🔥
Listed Viennese-style Coffeehouse. Build in 1908/09.