Unleashing our superpowers with Superhero shakes and cheesecake at the Marina Bay Sands Mall! 💪🏽🕺🏻💃🏽
2 3911 April, 2019
Opening Hours: Gardens by the Bay is open from 5am - 2am.
Entrance Price: Free
Getting there: Gardens by the Bay is very close to town, so you can easily get a taxi. It has its own MTR station "Bayfront" which is only a five minute walk from the edge of the gardens.
1 4810 April, 2019
We’re sure you’ve seen this place so many times but how much do you actually know about it? The technology behind Gardens by the Bay is so cool that we’re gonna nerd out for a minute and share some fun facts about it with you 🤓⠀
• these “super trees” you see behind us are basically giant vertical gardens that house thousands of different plants species from all over the world⠀
• a dedicated facility was set up to study the most efficient ways to bloom the flowers as many of them are not native to Singapore⠀
• the trees are equipped with solar cells that power the lighting and water technology for the gardens⠀
• the trees also operate as temperature moderators by absorbing and dispersing heat, which keeps the area cool⠀
• the entire project is carbon-neutral (!!)⠀
In case you didn’t know, Singapore strives to be the world’s greenest city and we love reading about all the cool projects they have going on in that direction. If only more cities around the world could be like that!!
"Being a brown girl you're often reminded from a young age, that you are different - your hair might be a little 'frizzier'; your food may look or smell a little 'funnier'; your mannerisms may not be 'normal'. However, amidst all this, my family were always there to remind me that yes I am different, but being different is a great thing to be. No matter where you're from, you have worth!
" - @inokechristina
I take candid shots of our kids everyday. But 99.99% of the time, the high-schooler @lilshawdytee screeches in horror when I show her my pics of her. This...this is one of the rare 0.01% :) #winningatmummying 💪🏽🤓