My Story: How Esqueen Health was started ❤️
Hi, I'm Salena founder of Esqueen Health. Esqueen Health is a brand created for the everyday woman and man, allowing them to showcase their natural beauty with natural skincare products that won't harm your skin. .💛
My journey to forming Esqueen Health came from a revelation when I had a accident with a cleanser. I was using a well known Cleanser and applied it to my face, it was a thick cleanser. As I applied it to my face the cleanser also got into my eyes. Tried immediately putting water but every time I tried to put water it made it burn more, making it impossible for me to rinse it out. My eyes felt like I was putting a perm in my hair. As a result, I ended up in the emergency room for them to flush my eyes out. As my eyes were flushing out, I wondered to myself "What the heck is in this product that this was the end result from using it?" I checked when I got home and the product was full of parabens and a lot of harsh chemicals that should not be found in a facial cleanser.
I started on a quest to find a manufacturer that can work along with me to create a Cleanser that has everything I am looking for in a #facialcleanser. A Cleanser that is gentle on the skin, doesn't burn your skin or eyes, one that cleans your skin well, is natural without all the harmful chemicals, not too thick, helps tighten your skin, and leaves it moisturized without drying out your skin, smells good, and gives you a nice glow! After 20 tries, Esqueen Coconut and Honey Aloe Facial Cleanser was created. .
Esqueen Health is about loving yourself and the products you put on your skin. Being comfortable with your natural beauty. Because when you have that self confidence it shows and you feel good on the inside as well as the outside. .
📍Click the link in my bio above ☝️for more info.
How to Create Awesome Summer Skin with Natural Body Scrubs☀️
It is always a pleasure to have soft sensual skin, but more so in the heat of the summer. Summertime is when you show the most skin and knowing that it is soft as summer is a great feeling.
Not only is having soft summer skin a wonderful feeling, but the process of getting soft summer skin is wonderful, too. Anytime you do a facial or a body treatment, it is a wonderful feeling of indulgence. In addition, who doesn’t need a little feeling of indulgence every now and again?
One of the best ways to exfoliate the skin on your body is, of course, with a salt body scrub. Sea salt has become extremely popular for this purpose. Here's what you need to make your own.
Sea Salt Body Scrub
You will need:
* ¾ cup of sea salt
* ¼ cup of coconut oil
* 6 to 8 drops of essential oils
Mix the coconut oil with the sea salt until it forms a paste-like substance. Add the essential oil of your choice as a fragrance.
Many ingredients can go into mixing and matching your own body scrubs. For example:
* Refined sugar
* Brown sugar
* Sea salt
* Kosher salt
* Essential oils such as sesame oil, vitamin E oil, lavender oil
* Honey, avocado, kiwi, coconut milk
A Natural Skin Facial Mask that will make your Skin Sizzle for the Summer ☀️
Kiwi/Strawberry Honey Facial
This mask is an excellent way to utilize fruit that is starting to become overripe. If you are old school and cannot stand to throw anything away, this facial is perfect for you. You will need:
* Four to six overripe strawberries
* 1 overripe kiwi 🥝
* Two tablespoons of honey 🍯(organic is best, but the regular off-the-shelf brand is fine too)
* Two tablespoons of sugar
Take the stems off of the strawberries and cut them in half. Peel the kiwi, leaving the seeds as is. The seeds will act as an exfoliant, so utilize the whole kiwi. Cut the kiwi into fourths. Put them in the blender or use a potato masher. Add the sugar. Blend until you have a creamy, mushy, but messy mixture.
Place the mixture on your face, which of course is free of makeup and cleansed. If you have an old towel to put around your neck this would be fine as this is a very messy (but productive) facial!
Spread around your skin using circular motions. This mask is intended to exfoliate and not necessarily to “stay on.” Once you have cleansed the entire face with this mixture, rinse with warm water.
You will feel a tingling sensation that tells you that the acidity of this fruit is going to work to clean out your pores. The sugar is exfoliating while the honey covers any irritation that may exist.
Summer fruit is great for ingesting, but it is great for facials as well❤️
Natural Skin Facial That Will Make Your Skin Sizzle For The Summer💫
Summertime is the optimal time of year to load up on fresh fruits and vegetables. It is also a great time to treat your skin to an all-natural, homemade facial or body scrub.
Fruits and vegetables, especially those that come out in the summertime, are wonderful for providing antioxidants to the skin, moisturizing, closing pores on your skin, and even preventing and treating acne.
Here is a sampling of one of the many different ways you can use summer fruits and vegetables. Depending on how sensitive your skin is, it would be wise to test out some of the facial recipes and see how your skin responds.
An Apple a Day Facial Mask
Whether you use this mask once a week or once a day is, of course, up to you .🍏
You will need:
* Two apples
* Two tablespoons of coconut water
* Chamomile Tea
Peel and mash the apples and take out the seeds. Add the coconut water and enough chamomile tea so that you are forming a pasty application. Apply this to your skin which is cleaned and ready for the mask. .
Leave it on for approximately 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Apply a face cloth with cool water over your face in order to close up your pores. This facial should give you results of a clean-feeling, moisturized face with good tone.
Summer fruit is great for ingesting, but it is great for facials as well!
Hydrating Your Skin through Beverages🌿
The hotter it gets, the more water you should drink. For those who do not like the taste of plain water, adding lemon or lime, or both, to your water can make the difference in whether or not your skin is hydrated.
In addition, making your own homemade fresh green tea, chilling it and serving it with ice and lemon is a great way to hydrate that tastes good too. Adding a sprig of mint tops it off making it the perfect summer hydrating drink.
For many women, putting something on the outside of your face seems to be the logical path to keeping hydrated looking skin. However, what you do on the inside first will always make the biggest difference.
Eating your summer fruits and vegetables and hydrating yourself with water and teas will not only keep your body functioning properly; it will also keep your skin glowing like the sun without all the side effects❤️
☀️Preparing for Summer with Summer Skin Essentials: From the Inside Out☀️ .
While it is important to utilize sunscreen, hats, and eyeglasses during summer months, it is just as essential to hydrate your skin from the inside.
Eating the right foods and drinking the right things is essential to healthy skin that glows from the inside out.
Summertime is a time filled with delicious fresh fruits and vegetables, much of which are full of hydrating water. When your body is hydrated, your skin will reflect that well beyond sunscreen and shade.
Fruits and Vegetables That Hydrate
* Watermelon is an excellent example of a summer fruit that hydrates. Watermelon is capable of hydrating you and your skin for quite some time. It is mostly made up of – you guessed it – water, and contains sodium, magnesium, and potassium. Perfect for hydrating you.
* Cantaloupe is packed with hydration and offers vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium.
* Grapefruit – Juicy, tangy, and full of hydrating juices, grapefruit is an excellent hydrator for your skin.
* Celery – Celery is a great snack or in between go-to for when you want to crunch on something that is healthy. Packed with water, it also has vitamins and mineral salts to keep your body hydrated and your skin glowing.
* Strawberries – Strawberries are high in antioxidants but also are great for detox, as are blueberries and cherries are🍒
* Cucumbers are mostly made up of water and contain vitamin C. Cucumbers are naturally hydrating and perfect for summer salads.
The Many Ways That Drinking Water Affects the Skin and Body💧
We have all heard about the benefits of drinking water, and lots of it, for weight loss and dieting purposes. However, it is just as essential to your skin, hair, and body to drink water in order to maintain good health - especially during the summer months.
One of the biggest benefits of drinking water during summer months is to stay hydrated. Staying hydrated benefits not only your organs but your skin as well.
The old saying that beauty is only skin deep does not apply when drinking the right amount of water. Drinking the right amount of water helps your body in many ways.
Dark Under-Eye Circles
Sometimes dark under-eye circles are truly from lack of a good night’s sleep or perhaps because of genetics. However, dark under-eye circles are sometimes caused by lack of hydration. .
Taking in more water throughout the may possibly reduce those puffy dark circles. If your body is in need of more water, then it will hold onto whatever it has for storage purposes. By drinking more, you can alleviate puffiness around the eye area.
Color, Tone, and Texture of Skin
Take a good, long, hard look at your skin on days when you do not have good color, tone, and texture. Keep a journal if you like, as this will help you to see first-hand the benefits of drinking additional water in the summertime.
When you spend time in the hot summer sun, you will notice that your skin will appear dryer, no matter what you do or how many cosmetics you place on your face. The best moisturizer is water.
In addition to using a good natural cleanser for your face, By drinking extra water in the summertime, you provide a natural cleanser to your skin and its pores. Water serves as a cleanser and an exfoliator and acne preventer. .
Dryness and Peeling
If you are like anyone else, you have had the experience of staying out in the sun too long and being burned - especially on the facial areas. By drinking extra water, you provide a natural barrier for skin so that it is hydrated and moisturized❤️
🌹Top 5 SkinCare Tips🌹 *🌿
#healthy skin is really one of the most important ingredients for beauty-enhancement. I will be sharing 5 best skin care tips with you. The list of skin care tips has been restricted to 5 because anything more than that would not only be difficult to remember, but also shadow the more important skin care tips. So let's see what these top five skin care tips are: *🌿
* Cleanse your skin regularly (1-2 times every day). A very effective skin care tip that helps in getting rid of the dirt and other harsh elements from your skin. Cleansing is especially important when you have been out of your house (and hence exposed to pollutants, dust etc). This skin care tip also advocates the use of Luke warm water for cleansing (hot and cold water, both, cause damage to your skin) .🌿
* Be gentle, after all, it's your skin. Don't scrub/exfoliate too hard or too often. Similarly, don't apply too much or too many skin care products. A must-to-follow skin care tip. .🌿
* Keep your skin moist at all times. This is one of the most important skin care tips. Don't let your skin get dry. Dryness causes the outer layer of your skin to break, leading to a rough and unattractive appearance. Use moisturizers/ emollients. Moisturizers work best when applied while the skin is still damp. .🌿
* 'Drink a lot of water'. This will not keep your skin moist but will help in overall upkeep of your health (and in turn your skin). It might seem a bit awkward to some, however, this is an important skin care tip. .
* A bit of exercise and good sleep are essential too, not just for skin care but for your health as a whole. Lack of sleep can lead to the formation of wrinkles below your eyes and lack of exercise can cause your skin to slack. Moreover, exercise and sleep also help in beating stress. So besides being a skin care tip, this is also a health care tip🌹
📍Click the link in my bio above 👆if you want to get started with one of the steps❤️ #naturalskincare#esqueenhealth#cleanskincare#skinroutine#skintips#skinessentials#organicskincare#organicbeauty#skincare#ecoskincare#greenskincare#kindtoskin#beautycommunity#skincareroutine#beautytip#beautycare
🌸So, what can women and men do to continue on the road to a healthy skincare lifestyle🌸How can they combat environmental pollutants, the effect of solar radiation, and the drying effects of air? How can they be sure they are using the very best products on their skin so they can be healthy inside and out? Here are 5 tips to assist in this process: .
1. Be very aware of what is in skincare products
Use products that are all natural as much as possible. 🌿
2. Use products that have Vitamin C and E. These vitamins help to penetrate the skin to speed cell renewal after sun exposure. They also help to undo sun damage and renew your skin while sleeping. 🍃
3. If possible, use products that are paraben free. Parabens are synthetic chemical preservatives that are widely used in personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, make-up, facial masks, skin lotions and creams, and deodorants. They also are typical ingredients in baby lotions, shampoos, and other personal care products for infants and children. In addition, parabens are in many foods and pharmaceutical products. Researchers are beginning to find parabens in benign and malignant human breast tumors. While some studies have challenged their toxicity in many products and question their long-term effect on humans, using products that are paraben free can eliminate the risk of exposure to this harmful chemical. 🌿
4. Drink plenty of water! Water hydrates skin and hair as well as flushes toxins out of the body
5. Limit stress or learn to manage it effectively. Stress is harmful both emotionally and physically. Find that stress reliever activity that works best and use it on a daily basis!
. ❤️Follow the above 5 tips for true beauty and health.
📍Click the link in my bio to discover our paraben free Cleanser that contains vitamins C, E, and B Vitamins👆
🌿All about #Facial skin care🌿 .
Facial skin care' is more a matter of discipline than anything else. A facial skin care routine is what we all can use. So let's check what comprises an effective facial skin care routine. Well, very simply, a facial skin care routine can follow the following 4 steps:
* Exfoliating * Moisturizing
#Cleansing is the first thing in facial skin care routine. Cleansing helps in removing dust, pollutants, grease and extra oil from your skin, thereby preventing damage to your skin. Just spot your face and neck with a good cleansing lotion or cream and gently massage it into your skin using upward strokes. Use a soft face tissue or cotton wool to wipe your face in a gentle patting fashion (do not rub). Cleansing should be done at least twice a day i.e. morning and night. Water soluble cleansers are the best for inclusion in your facial skin care routine.
#Toning is the next in a facial skin care routine. However, this is the optional part of the facial skincare routine. Mostly, proper cleansing can compensate for toning. Toning helps remove all traces of dirt, grease and excess cleanser. Instead of making it part of your daily facial skin care routine, you can use toning occasionally i.e. when you have been exposed to particularly harsh environment/pollution
#Exfoliation is again, kind of, optional step in everyday routine for facial skin care. However, exfoliation is necessary at least once a week (or twice, depending on the skin type and the environmental conditions). Exfoliation finds its place in facial skin care routine because of the natural tendency of the skin to replenish the skin cells every 3 or 4 weeks. As a facial skin care technique, exfoliation helps in removing the dead skin cells that block the pores, thus assisting the skin in the natural process. .
The next thing in facial skin care is #moisturizing. In fact, moisturizing is the most important part of facial skin care routine. Moisturizers prevent your skin from getting dry. Dry skin is causes the upper layer skin to break, leading to dead skin cells. Moisturizers work best when applied on warm and damp skin🍃
What is Natural Skin Care?
Put simply, Natural Skin Care is caring for your skin in a natural and chemical-free way, which enables the skin to take care of itself. Natural Skin Care is about inculcations of good habits in the way you lead your day to day life. A lot of skin care measures are actually the same as those for the body care in general. So let's see what these Natural Skin Care measures are:
1. Drink a lot of water. 8 glasses of water everyday helps flush out the toxins from the body.
2. Regular Exercise. Exercising increases the flow that helps in getting rid of body toxins and keeping you healthy.
3. Good Sleep. Good Sleep is instrumental in maintaining good health and in beating stress. Getting good sleep delays slacking of skin.
4. Being Happy and loving yourself. Because when you feel great inside it shows on the outside too.