I’VE OFFICIALLY BEEN VEGAN FOR OVER A YEAR!!! I don’t know the exact date that I stopped eating my friends but the last meal I can remember is my year 11 formal. I have this vivid memory of sitting at the table eating chicken and as a group we were all talking about how ridiculous veganism is and how the animals are born to die so that makes it ok. At the time I had been looking into veganism and I knew what I was saying was wrong but I had to justify it to myself in order to eat that little bird.
Sitting at that table I never thought I would go vegan- not entirely. And yet I did the very next day. I’m still confused by the randomness of my decision. There was no defining moment when I thought “I’m going vegan”, I just stopped eating animals. It was that simple. .
Flash forward a year to last night when I had my year 12 formal. Not only did I order a vegan meal, but I sat at that table and stood up for those animals. I explained why I don’t eat them- it’s unnecessary and that I still eat delicious food.
I think the main point to all of this is that anyone can change. And sometimes change happens when you least expect it.
Repeat...this is not a drill, this is not a drill; Banoffee Bagels are totally a thing now and are the most delicious lazy Sunday morning breakfast.
We've sliced and toasted ours and topped with half a pot of Banoffee Nush, sliced banana's, grated chocolate and sprinkled sunflower and pumpkin seeds on top before drizzling Almond Butter...but be creative. We also think PB&J and strawberry Nush would also be an amazing topping for these! • 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water
• 1 and 1/2 oz fresh yeast
• 1 and a 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons psyllium husk
• 1 and a 1/2 cups white gluten free white flour ( save 1/4 cup for baking )
• 1/2 cup of tapioca starch
• 1/2 cup sorghum flour
• 1/2 cup oat flour
• 1-2 tablespoons molasses or barley malt syrup for boiling
• Aquafaba for glazing/ brushing
1. Combine water, yeast, salt, sugar, oil, and psyllium, stir well until all is dissolved, then let set for 5 min.
2. Start adding the flours until the dough feels firm, soft and sticky
3. Grease a large bowl and place the dough in it. Cover it with a plastic wrap. Let the dough set at least 1 hour. Over night is the best.
4. Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
5. Shape each piece into a round ball.
6. Press your finger in the center of the dough ball and move it in a circular motion until you have form of a ring. Stretch the hole a bit.
7. Let rise at least 30 min.
8. Boil the bagels in water ( add the molasses for more color & chewiness ) for 1-2 min per side
9. After boiling, place them in a baking sheet and brush with aquafaba for a beautiful glaze. Sprinkle with seeds (hemp seeds are great)
10. Bake at 180c for 20-25 min or until golden ( bagels don’t rise as usual rolls because the boiling sets the crust, they are supposed to be dense and chewy so don’t worry if your bagels look a little flat!)
“Vegan food” aka “FOOD” does a body GOOD.🌱 And animal flesh does no body good! 😆😏🙏🏼 It’s the truth though.
Who needs to buy dead animals when you can get something better without harming anyone?🤷🏼♀️
Lil’ Grocery haul from the other day including my favourite almond milk from Earths Own, chips, cheese slices, cheese shreds, hot dogs 🌭😛 and spinach and fruit of corse!
Raw vegan enchiladas from @peacepiesraw 🤤 .
I generally can’t stand mushrooms but they were able to sneak a few in here without me even noticing — that’s how flavorful this dish is! 🍄✨
Finished off with a chocolate toffee donut for dessert because why not 🤷🏽♀️🍩
My herbs are doin pretty good so far. Some have been replanted for 9 days, others 5 days. Just about all are showing new growth. Some already pruned and are popping new growth from those spots. I tried to start with the best ones I could find. I’ve got over 20 varieties to start. The tarragon is outside, lol. I’ve started using them for cooking, drying, and putting them into smoothies. (Careful, their fuckin potent, lol) Enjoying it a lot. #herbs#freshherbs#growingherbsindoors#growingherbs#tasty#fresh#freshherbs#hobby#iloveherbs#eatmoreplants
This is why one of the first things I do with my clients is help them uncover their Motivating Factors, otherwise known as their Why Beneath Their Why. We then build weekly actionable steps based on WHY they want WHAT they want! ✨
A Lazy Lentil Night 😴😴😴
🌱 Curried Red Lentil Soup w/Smashed Avocado-Everything Naan 🌱
The weather in NYC called for this bowl of goodness while listening to the rain 🌧️
A blend of red lentils, onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric, coconut milk, carrots and your favorite curry seasoning. Pair it with a great side like garlic naan topped with a ripe 🥑 (smashed & spread), sprinkled with @traderjoes "Everything But The Bagel" seasoning! #pwrplants#veganlentilsoup#rainydaysoup#veguary
7 293 hours ago
Today I’m grateful for having the privilege of being able to grow my own food and having the best roommate ever who will share in making the best meal out of all the fresh goodies! Thank you @bakedbyburst for always being there to hold space for me, give me great advice and hugs when I need it, and always providing the dankest vegan eats around! Love youuu 😘💕
I put together this simple salad with @sharetheharvestfarm mixed greens, spicy micro arugula, and spring garlic dressed in our tasty mustard vinaigrette collab with @amagansettfood & @southforkkitchens. Alex made this delicious kamut and quinoa pasta from @edenfoods with farm fresh broccoli, shrooms, peas, and garbanzo beans all tossed together in a tangy tahini sauce!
Weekends breakfasts as for stacks of pancakes 🥞 and drizzles of maple syrup. Our fave pancake recipe 'Coconut Pancakes' is on the blog plus the recipe for our 'Blueberry Chai Sauce' using our very own Reishi + Chai latte powder. Simple, delicious cooking. Perfect for Sunday mornings
It’s okay to eat more FOR NO REASON. If you feel extra hungry/snacky/thinking about/wanting a lot of food one day, HONOR THAT! I used to feel like I had to mentally justify why I ate more than usual on a given day—if I hadn’t run extra miles or it wasn’t almost my period, I felt like extra hunger and cravings were invalid, like I was just obsessed with food and really needed to ‘control’ myself. Listen, your body knows what it’s doing! There is a reason it’s sending signals to your brain urging you to seek out food, and you most likely need more than what you or a calorie counter estimates. If you are hungry, eat—even if you can’t fathom why you are! A healthy (non energy restricted) body is always capable of handing a bit extra food (if it is indeed extra), and will compensate by adjusting appetite and metabolism in the following hours/days and burning off unneeded energy as heat. Don’t worry about it! As long as you are eating a predominantly healthy diet, I really believe cravings can be trusted. Especially ESPECIALLY if you are recovering from an ED or restrictive diet, you need to honor all physical and mental hunger if you want to achieve lasting recovery and a healthy metabolism. ❤️
Dinner last night was a giant salad with one head romaine, coleslaw mix, heirloom tomato, peppers, 1/2 avocado and a @lightlifefoods vegan hot dog (have a bunch left over from Father’s Day bbq). Dressed the salad with pomegranate vinegar, dijon mustard and a little bbq sauce, topped with lots of hummus and more bbq sauce. Weirdly good and I kind of can’t wait to have it again tonight!😆 Hope you all have a fantastic Friday! Super looking forward to this weekend! 🙌🏽😍🏃🏼♀️
High Protein Meal 💪
Quando eu decido fazer um lanche, tento deixar ele o mais completo e nutritivo possível 🌿
Escolhi o tofu para fazer um empanado.
• Primeiro cortei uma fatia do tofu e drenei ele (com um pano limpo e um peso sobre o tofu) por uma hora.
• Marinei ele nos temperos que eu gosto (sal, fumaça em pó e parpica defumada).
• Depois fiz uma pastinha com:
- 2 colheres de sopa de proteína de soja (daquelas sem sabor, que se compra a granel, da pra usar farinha de grão de bico também).
- 1 colher de sopa de levedura nutricional ou temperos.
- sal rosa.
- água até virar uma pastinha consistente (acho que umas 5 ou 6 colheres de sopa).
• Passei a pastinha em volta de todo tofu e levei para a Air Fryre por 25 minutos. Dá para fazer na frigideira também.
Se for na frigideira sugiro passar a pasta no lado que será feito primeiro, depois do outro.
- 2 fatias de pão integral de sementes tostado.
- tofu empanado.
- abacate temperado com sal rosa, limão, azeite e pimenta.
- brotos de lentilha.
- molho de tahine com mostarda.
Segue o plano #reevoluçãovegana ⚡
I think I set a new world record with how fast I devoured this bowl 😂 Didn’t cook a single thing in this bowl in real time (it was all prepped) and thank goodness it was because I was hangry 😅 Spent the afternoon golfing but it took longer than expected so I missed lunch 🤭 I hardly ever miss a meal so it felt like the end of the world 😜 Luckily I had all these goods in my fridge 🙌🏻 Not even joking that I made and ate this in under 10 mins 🤷🏼♀️ I know it’s healthier to eat slowly but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do 😎 Now I’m drinking an afternoon coffee because I am zonked 😴 But Eli and I are heading to the drive in the evening with some friends so I’ve gotta stay awake 😬 It’s one of my favorite summer things to do-have you guys ever been to a drive in theater?? Hope Saturday is treating you well! ❤️ ——————————————————————————- #dinner details 👉🏻 roasted chickpeas (415F for 15 mins with @traderjoes chili lime seasoning) + 1/2 avocado + roasted sweet potato fries (415F for 20 mins on each side) + tomatoes + sautéed zucchini + roasted Brussels sprouts (400F for 40 mins) 💓
70 46268 hours ago
It has been a hot seconddddd since I have had oats my friends 😦🤭😮 🤷🏼♀️ what can I say.....I tend to obsess over the same food and eat it over and over and over and over......you get the point 😂 sooooo... decided to bring them back with this delicious combination ✌🏻 -
Simple vanilla banana oats cooked in water + topped with peanut butter + maple syrup and frozen berries 🤤