"Hey, buddies! Stella & Chewy's asked me to create a post about Dogsgiving. You know, like Thanksgiving, but with doggies! 🐶" - Sinatra
"George G. Vest was a U.S. Senator for 24 years who is best remembered by a speech he delivered as a lawyer in rural Missouri. The lawsuit concerned a foxhound named Old Drum, who had been shot by a sheep farmer. His summation won the case, and is revered as the Eulogy of the Dog." - Comrade (the human)
"The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is the dog.
Gentlemen of the jury, a man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince.
When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast into the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws and his eyes sad but open, in alert watchfulness, faithful and true, even unto death." - excerpt from George G. Vest's summation to the jury, September 1870
"Dear dogs, thank you." - Comrade
📢: In partnership with @stellaandchewys
Hullo, I have a smol delivery for you. It's unconditional love. (✿◠‿◠) 🎁💌🎄 -
For every photo of your dog wearing the Max Antler using #MaxForGood#TheGrinch, @Barkbox will donate $1 to orgs that support, train, or deploy active working dogs across the country. If your heart grew 3 sizes from this little reindog, go get yours now in the November Barkbox! #GrinchForGood@GrinchMovie
The holiday season is a wonderful time of year! Make sure your pets stay safe with these helpful tips:
• Holly, mistletoe and poinsettia plants are poisonous to dogs. Make sure they are kept in places your dog cannot reach.
• Do not put lights or ornaments on the lower branches of your tree. They may get very hot and burn your dog, or you dog may chew them.
• Watch out for electrical cords. Pets often try to chew them and get badly shocked or electrocuted. Place them out of reach.
• Avoid glass ornaments, which break easily and may cut a dog's feet or mouth.
• Do not use edible ornaments, or cranberry or popcorn strings. Your dog may knock the tree over in an attempt to reach them.
• Both live and artificial tree needles are sharp and indigestible. Keep your tree blocked off (with a playpen or other "fence") or in a room that is not accessible to your dog.
• Tinsel can be dangerous for dogs. It may obstruct circulation and, if swallowed, block the intestines.
• Keep burning candles on high tables or mantels, out of the way of your dog's wagging tail.
• Your dog may want to investigate wrapped packages, keep out of reach.
• Stick as closely as possible to your normal daily routine. Try not to vary your dog's feeding, walking, and playtime schedule, even when traveling for the holidays. • When traveling, keep a flat buckle collar and current ID tag on your dog at all times. Add a temporary tag, with your vacation destination and cell phone, in case your dog is lost while traveling. Bring a current photo and their Rabies certificate, just in case. • If you host a party, remember that some guests may be uncomfortable around dogs. Your dog may, in turn, be uncomfortable or frightened around a large group of unfamiliar people. It may be best for your dog to relax in their crate, in a room not used by guest, while chewing on a food stuffed toy. You can play soft music in the room, so your dog relaxes.
⏰ Only 1 day to go!! We are so excited for you to join us for the Happy Holidogs Holiday Extravaganza via Facebook LIVE!! 🎉 Join us at 4:30 pm PST/ 7:30 pm EST for special deals, giveaways, games and a few surprises!! We will also be offering EARLY BIRD holiday specials that you won't find anywhere else!
A little bit of background... last year right around the time Facebook LIVE started gaining popularity we decided that we wanted to host the craziest, most joyful and merry holiday event for dog lovers and what better way to do that than by hosting it online so ALL of our fans across the country and the world could join in!?! .
Well that first show we learned a lot.... We learned that dogs like to eat Christmas decorations, and Christmas cookies. We learned that the DIG fans can be super energetic and love to answer trivia questions. We learned that Gila has a... umm... super... umm... great singing voice?! But most of all we learned that this was a fantastic way for us to show you a little behind the scenes at Dog is Good, for us to let you see the company behind all your favorite dog- themed apparel and for you to connect with each other, meet a new friend perhaps, swap Instagram accounts and just have FUN with like minded dog lovers while getting into the holiday spirit. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?!
We'd love for you to join us again this year, as we've planned some more festive shenanigans and of course there will be DOGS DOGS DOGS!! Click the link in our ⬆️BIO⬆️ to RSVP. ✅ YOU MUST JOIN OUR PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP ❤️THE DOG IS GOOD LIFESTYLE GROUP❤️ in order to watch the party. .
🐶 So bundle up, grab your furry friend and get ready to celebrate the holiday season with Dog is Good! #dogisgood#dogloversfeed#doglover#ilovedogs#celebratethelittlethings#dogdad#dogmom#doglife#holidaygiveaway#holidays#holidaydog#happyholidogs#christmasspirit#holidayspirit#furmama#obsessedwithmydog#crazydoglady#dogsarethebest#dogoftheday#idratherbewithmydog#dogs#puppiesmakemehappy#puppies#dogsmakemehappy#lifewithdogs#pawpack#doggo#dailydogfeatures
Today on Family Savvy (link in bio), I share 7 holiday traditions that can be hazardous to our dogs 🐶 and cats 🐱. Check out the list along with a video message from vet @doctoraubie. .
And I link to some adorable dog sweaters and such—especially for hard to fit large breeds. Go to the blog or Shop your screenshot of this pic with the LIKEtoKNOW.it app #email@example.com
“We hav 253 toys, but we both want dis blu one just because” | “Temos 253 brinquedos, mas nós dois queremos esse auzul porque sim”
3 385 hours ago
Antlers have been restocked at our house. With snowy weather rolling in tomorrow morning, we are prepared with these chews to keep the boys busy for a cozy day in ☃️ The boys are actually huge fans of the snow. As for Mommy and Daddy? Well, not so much 🙅🏻♀️🙅🏼♂️ Do you like the snow? ❄️ #snowday