Listen up! Education time, since there are some misconceptions going around:
- The ADA is a CIVIL RIGHTS law. It is not a criminal law and does not include criminal penalties for individuals.
- Businesses and government programs can be taken to CIVIL court to enforce the ADA. This may happen through fines or what is called injunctive relief, where a judge orders an entity to take a particular action to right a wrong. For example, a business that has inappropriately excluded service dogs may be instructed to conduct re-education of its staff.
- No one is getting a misdemeanor or felony because of the ADA. These are criminal charges and the ADA does not provide for criminal charges.
- The ADA gives people with disabilities the right to equal access to government programs and places of public accommodation, ie, privately owned businesses that are open to the public. Your dog doesn’t have any rights under the ADA, so as cute as my dad and Cricket look when posing in one of these pics, my dad can’t take Cricket into the grocery store because it’s convenient. The ADA also covers reasonable accommodation in employment and government housing. I’m focusing on the issue of taking the dog in public today, though.
- The ADA does NOT give you protection against people petting your dog, distracting your dog, or even kicking your dog and breaking its ribs. It simply says you have the right to bring your dog with you, provided certain conditions are fulfilled.
- If you’re looking for protection from interference from the public, look to your STATE laws. A number of states DO criminalize interference with a service dog, harming a service dog, and/or fraudulently representing a pet as a service dog. However, I’m not aware of any states that have raised these to felonies, as of yet. They’re misdemeanors.
- In order to have the right of equal access in public with your dog under the ADA, sometimes called public access, the following must be true:
*you have a disability (long-term, substantial limitations in one or more major life activities)
*your dog has been individually trained (customized training)
*to perform one or more tasks (or work) which explicitly mitigate YOUR disabilit
3 18 minutes ago
Come out and get your free hugs at the Taste of Tacoma at Point Defiance Park!
Barker Ranch, Death Valley, California
We finally made it to Barker Ranch a little before sunset. It was a difficult route that requires very slow going and excellent map reading skills. The “road” frequently washes out during the heavy rains it becomes cluttered with rocks and debris. If you have never gone off roading before, I do not advise you to attempt Mengel Pass as your first off road experience.
I was in a great deal of pain after being thrown around a Jeep and having to get out, move rocks and help navigate. But the four of us felt extremely triumphant when we finally rolled up to what was left of Barker Ranch. The main structure burned down in an accidental fire a few years before our visit, but you can still see the remnants of the main structure. A shed still stands in back of the main home area, but it is clearly tagged “DO NOT ENTER. HANTAVIRUS PRESENT.” We decided to steer clear and not tempt fate. 🌵
The area has no cell service and is hours from civilization. If something happens you will need a spot tracker to alert authorities and most likely have to wait to be airlifted out. We were the only four there, but the grounds were littered with spent bullet casings and shattered beer bottles. It’s amazing to think the Manson family used to drive an old school bus out here.
There is no running water or proper bathroom. There is a wooden box up the hill with a hole in it to be used as a toilet. This was hands down the toughest trip I’ve done. Just getting there sent my back into spasm and pinched my nerves, then I had to sleep on rocky, cold ground, listening to the sounds of the desert. It was quite the experience.
Have you been given a diagnosis and not known where to turn?
We can help. Our Healthcare Coaches can provide patients with the confidence to re-engage with the ser- vices they need.
To find out more about our patient-centered care services, call us today on 0400 511 310. We’re here to help guide you through uncertainty.
RIM 30 Day Social Media Countdown Xx💜💜
Day 15 share a uplifting story xxx 💜💜
My uplifting story is about my amazing little brother and how he inspires me daily with the way he deals with his disabilities cx ☺ I am a registered young career with Barnardos for the help that i have to give my mum in careing for my dad who was diagnosed with kidney cancer 2 years ago and my little brother who was diagnosed with Autism, Hypermobility disorder, sensory issues and is 3 years mentally delayed with severe learning diffuculties, he attends an special needs learning resource base and struggles daily xx ❤💛💚💙💜My family and I have to livde around a strictly structured routine and tune into my brothers superhuman sensory issues, he is in constant pain with headaches as he hears sounds at the freqancy best decribed as that of a dog, but he never let's any of this stop him from smiling xx❤❤ He is the most adorable, loving, kind, sweetest person I have ever met and gives the best hugs ever xx Through my little brother I have developed a passion for working with special needs children love to give back to the charity who have supported my family and I by useing my skills as a qualified sports coach to encourage disability inclusion through sport, I am a regular volunteer with Sparkle every thursday and friday evening and absolutely love assissting with the one to one care of these wounderfull beautiful unique uncondionally loveing children through them I have learnt that we should all own who we are, we are all unique and different in our own way and we should accept each and every one for there individuality xx Never let anyone or anything stop you from chasing your dreams xx☺💖❤
#rim#rimrolemodel#rolemodel#role#model#royal#rim2018#autismawareness#autismspeaks#love#autism#specialneeds#disabilityinclusion#disability#inclusion#sparkle#uplifting#pageant#pageantplanet#beautywithapurpose#acceptance#30day#socialmedia#countdown #💜 #chaseyourdreams
ul. Skierniewicka 34 mieszkanie nr 149
na liczniku promieniowania.
Wspierać zaczęła fundacja, do której zwróciłam się o pomoc, a której fundatorów stać na 2-letnie już wsparcie i spełnianie gróźb, w czym pomagają znajomości. ❗ Więcej na: www.stalking24.com❗
Poważny stan zdrowia po napromieniowaniu/naświetlaniu. Ostatnio nagłe pobyty w szpitalu, na podstawie wyników badań. Stan zdrowia jest poważny, przestępcy są aktywni cały, przez okres kilku miesięcy trwał remont w mieszkaniu nr 149, opróżniono lokal usługowy na parterze, który teraz jest pusty.
Policja KRP (ul. Żytnia 36) twierdzi, że nic nie może zrobić, odmawia podjęcia jakiejkolwiek czynności.
❗ Dowód: skany na www.stalking24.com❗
Ochnik, Baudinet (Korwin-Małaszyński) Skoczylas, Śliwiński, Homętowski wspierani przez fundację (tę, której fundatorów stać na wynajęcie białorusinów, mających największe znajomości w PL).
Zaczęło się od marginesu z podmiejskiej miejscowości, Reszkowskiego i kumpli 👮spod budki z piwem (Ciosek, Hebda, Chyła z rodziną z marginesu i inni), ubogiego listonosza Adamczyka z rodziną w "europejskiej wyższej szkole prawa w Warszawie" na czele z Czajką (przeszłość można prześledzić w💻), duetem Bubel & Zielinko, PYSZNIAKIEM, Chmurą, Kotowskim (przegrał w sądzie ma kolejne sprawy), Spurkiem, przyjacielem "europejskiej" Bodnarem i organizacjami z nim związanymi (skany na stalking24.com).
Pomagają prawnicy znajomi Ochnik - Czyżewscy oraz panowie z międzynarodowej kancelarii, o czym świadczą maile.
Bardzo poważne pod kątem zdrowotnym i prawnym.
❗ ❗ ❗
Szukam osoby, która może pomóc!
Przestępcy obecni teraz Skierniewicka 34 nr 149, chronieni przez policję. Promieniowanie/naświetlanie jest włączone cały czas!
Poważny stan zdrowia!
❗ ❗ ❗