We’re celebrating #NationalPopcornDay with Ocean Prime’s Truffle Popcorn, and you should be too! Head over to @oceanprime today (or any other day) for complimentary, delicious popcorn 🍿 Pro Tip: Pairs perfectly with a happy hour cocktail!
2 38an hour ago
What better meal on a ☀️ Friday than the Sunshine Sandwich? Filled with our house made tofu scramble, bacun, and served with mayo on our grilled Texas toast. Come snag one and let us make your day great! 🌞✨
Okay sooooo I have a confession!! I don't measure when i cook, I just know how much goes in everything ok? I had been giving aproximate amounts based on what I know. That doesn't feel authentic to me so look! Get into this recipe and no I don't have exact measurements. You know what I know? This ish is delish!!!🤷🏿♀️ Cheesy jalapeño grits with garlic shrimp
1lb shelled and deveined shrimp (I am using 26-31)
4 slices of thick cut bacon cut in half
Grits * I usually use stone ground Red Mill yellow grits but they were unavailable. So Quaker it is!
2 Laughing cow creamy Swiss triangles
A whole lotta Mexican blend cheese
4 cloves of garlic
1 fresh jalapeño
1/2 stick of butter
1. Clean and devein shrimp
2. Place bacon in a skillet cook and reserve
3. Dice shallot, garlic and jalapeno
4. Pour half of the chicken broth into a pot and bring to a boil.
5. Take a 1/3 of your diced shallot and garlic and add to the broth.
6. Heat 1/2 of the 1/2 a stick of butter in the same skillet bacon was cooked in. * I drain most of the grease and leave a little for flavor.
7. By this point the broth should be boiling. Add grits slowly while whisking.
8. Once shrimp are about half way done. Pour half of the reserved broth into the skillet and cook on high
9. Add another third of the shallots, garlic and jalapeno.
10. Add the remaining jalapeno, shallots and garlic to the grits.
11. Place all the cheese in the grits and continue to whisk.
12. Once you’ve achieved desired thickness remove the grits from heat immediately.
13. Plate the grits add the shrimp and some of the liquid that has cooked down.
14. Top with bacon and serve.
Spring rolls with peanut sauce is our language over here🤤
1 363 hours ago
Sukiyaki ... more like Sukiyummi !! Come by and check out our Sukiyaki Noodle. Glass noodle with femented tofu and coconut cream sauce. Don’t forget to check out the amazing stools like this one by our talented friend @pkinart
Have you tried our January entree feature? Order our Shaken Beef for lunch or dinner. #EatPakpao
1 493 hours ago
———— Let’s Get Dirty ————
Friday’s call for drinks!! When Victor Tangos went away, I shed three tears. That restaurant has a special place in my heart, but now that @felixculpadallas has taken its spot my heart is whole again.
This dirty martini is everything. Don’t let this weekend go by without grabbing one for yourself!
Beer ‘o clock?! 🍻🍺 After a long week, you’ve earned this!
1 263 hours ago
Power went out right when we walked in but John can still make a damn good omelet and he made Grayson a Mickey pancake (he didn’t eat it, I did). I’ve been wanting that Mickey pancake for 20 years! #minifoodie#johnscafe#dallasfood
Have you tried our winter menu yet? We have added the following flavors to add #spice and #smilies 😀 to the remaining winter ❄️ months.
You’ll see awesome flavors like:
• Cherry Garcia Brownie (pictured)
• Blood Orange (yes, it’s back! 🙌🏼); vegan
• Cherry Lime; vegan
• Mexican Hot Chocolate Atole (aka Champurrado) - vegan; made with masa
• Peppermint Cheesecake (coming soon)
Start the weekend early with our table-side barrel-rested sparkling Negroni.
Our January cocktail drinks like a traditional Negroni, which is barrel rested for seven days and carbonated and bottled in house. The orange slice is frozen in an orange-buttered ice rock. The salt that is sprinkled on top of the ice, acts as an amplifier and cuts the carbonation.
Just a little preview of our advanced bar program at Oak. Come gives us a try and start Friday off right! #DineOak
2 504 hours ago
The big game is almost here! From now until February 3rd, you have a chance to win a $200 @saucepizzawine gift card by placing a catering order! Submit your inquiry here: http://www.saucepizzaandwine/catering/ One lucky winner will be chosen on February 4th!
30 2364 hours ago
Come join us this weekend for a “Mile High Breakfast!” Also we are having a closet sale @ our DEEP ELLUM location on Sunday from 3pm-6pm. Hosted by @breemooreproductions
Weekend plans include @Cane rossotx and their monthly special. Did you know those jerks finally removed the stick up their azz and will now let you go halfsies on their pies? I’m a big fan of going wild and crazy on one half and then keeping it chill on the other with a simple margherita. #protip
3 864 hours ago
In case we haven’t seen you in awhile, here are some of the things we’ve been serving! *This is Southern Heaven in the picture! Our cornbread topped with Pulled Pork, Collard Greens, & Our Housemade Pimento Cheese melted on top! 🎉
*Mushroom Farro Soup- Wild mushrooms in a Rich Beef Broth with Farro, Carrots, Marsala Wine, & Topped with a Crostini & Fresh Herb Pistou
*Gluten Free Sweet Potato Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting & Glazed Walnuts
*Bananas Foster Bread Pudding😊
I know this sounds CORNY but I like you ELOTE 🌽 -
- p.s. this could be us but the #elote guy got deported. 😩😭 lol wait, JK. 🌚
- before anyone turns into a snowflake and easily offended know that my mother is from #zacatecasmexico My grandparents crossed to the US way back when and my father is from #laredotexas so I said what I said.😴
26 4582 days ago
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram