Potato lentil curry. 😋 made with green kale, carrots, red potatoes, red lentils, coconut milk, veg broth, onion, curry, chili, pepper, soy, and tons of garlic. Vegan dinner plus my vegan lunch for the week.
Chickpea Curry 🍛 🧡 Vegan & Gluten Free
- 1 cup rice (I used short grain brown rice)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 cup of chickpeas
- 1-2 tbsp curry paste
- optional: add 3 tsp curry powder to enhance flavour.
- 1 can coconut milk which is 1 1/2 cups
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 a lime juiced
- salt to taste about 1/2 a tsp
- 1-2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup basil leaves chopped
- handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup of green pepper (or another green vegetable)
1. Add 1 cup rice and 1 and 3/4 cups water, pinch of salt and cook rice.
2. Start prepping the vegetables
3. Put oil and onions in a large pan and cook on low-medium until onions start to become clear. Once clear add garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Add 1 tbsp curry paste and coconut milk and stir until curry paste is fully mixed. Add few dashes of salt and taste test to see if you want to add another tbsp of curry paste or the curry powder.
5. Throw in chickpeas and green pepper and stir, cook on medium heat bringing to a boil, for about 5 minutes
6. Add chopped tomatoes, basil leaves, lime juice, 1 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tbsp tamari, stir and simmer for a few minutes. Taste test again to see if you wish to add more salt/tamari.
7. Rice should be done and you are ready to eat!!!
Enjoy 😊 🙌🏼
So in my journey so far I've not had much issue with cutting out meat, except that I live in a small farming town so getting take away / eating out is challenging.
My biggest issue with dairy is just that I love coffee so much. Iced coffee is my kryptonite and my absolute favorite treat.
Finally plucked up the nerve to try this #rawc#rawccoffee and it is really yummy! I struggle a little with coconut flavour in general so was so pleasantly surprised that it worked with coffee!
Found my replacement treat =) #veganoptions#beginnervegan#coconutmilk#rawsome#notyourmomnotyourmilk#vegan#coffee#naturalrawc
Strawberry sherbet anyone? It’s homemade and oh so yummy! .
4 cups frozen 🍓
1/2 Greek yogurt
1/4 cup 🥥 milk
3 tbsp 🍯
1 tbsp lime juice .
Blend all ingredients and enjoy! .
Super quick, fun and healthy!😋
So I am a sucker for aesthetic stuff! The friday before last friday, I visited a vegan café with some totally awesome friends. We ordered some dinner, dessert, drinks and cocoa. We ordered Dark and stormy and gold was in our cocktails! For dessert I ordered this one, called Super Berry! It is acai, mixed berry cheesecake and berry sorbet ! I felt like a little child, wanting to lick the bowl while baking with mommy! So delicious! My totally awesome friends got “Death by chocolate”, which is also a dessert! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it (oh yeah, bad instagrammer here 🤦🏼♀️🤷♀️), but it was so delicious! Normally I am not a very big fan of chocolate, but... - It looked so absolutely amazing! And so it was! So we tasted each others food and drinks. I ordered a cocoa - it was made from coconut milk and was, as you can see, in a bowl! I am a sucker for everything with coconut milk - NOT coconut water, though! Not the last time I am going to visit that place, but next time I PROMISE to be a better instagrammer and take pictures of all of it! I PROMISE! #vegan#vegancafe#vegancocoa#vegandessert#superberry#coconutmilk#coconutlover#vegandessert#vegancopenhagen#veganeating#placestoeat#placestodrink#freshberries#qualitytime#soulscph
Mint choc chip cooler (vegan when ordered with soya/coconut milk & without cream) that I had from Costa on our way back from York 🏰 I’d never had one (even before I was vegan), but it is absolutely gorgeous! So many chocolate chips! 😍
the ladies over @cherrybombemag know how hard it is to just pick just one pint of our ice cream🙊🤸♀️
It’s raining where we are, there is nothing more satisfying than soup on a rainy day. 🌧 Ginger Apple Butternut Squash Coconut Milk Soup. Topped with Kite Hill almond milk cheese, pecans and arugula 😛 #ossogood