When it comes to voicing our opinions on social media, I think it’s easy for us to hold back because so many of us fear the judgement from what others might say?
In a world where we are surrounded with perfection and perfectly filtered lives, it’s easy to feel influenced to say the ‘right’ things.
It is time to rise above your fears and just be you, stop worrying what people will think and just embrace your fears and speak your truth.
Always remind yourself ‘what’s the worst that could happen?’💗
Following on from yesterday's post about the rising unnecessary caesarean rate, there is hope!
And it isn't hard!
Putting the women at the centre of her birth experience, welcoming a birth plan, involving her in the communication and decision making process...it works not only to reduce the caesarean section rate but ALSO, and more importantly, to empower women and to improve their experience.
"The combination of scientific evidence, transparent communication and support is what providers think could produce more vaginal births."
And anecdotally, some of the surgeons I work with do a morning huddle where the theatre team gets together, comes up with a plan for the day, and troubleshoots any potential problems...it always leads to a better day and I can totally see a similar huddle leading to more positive births!
Image via @kristaevansphotography.
Quote via NYTimes - One Hospital's Plan to Reduce C-Sections: Communicate.
1 51 hour ago
Links in BIO - #afterpay
Discounts sitewide - visit us.
𝘘: 𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘯𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘳?
𝗔: 𝗬𝗲𝘀, 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗺𝘂𝗺𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼. 🏃🏻♀️💪🏼
Keen to give it a try?
Check out these tips from www.theleakyboob.com 👇🏼
1. Be confident. Fake it until you are.
2. Be patient. It may take time and practice and being patient with the process will help in the long run.
3. Practice at home when baby isn’t hungry so you don’t feel stressed or rushed.
4. Release strap on side you’re going to feed from.
5. If necessary undo back clip.
6. Loosen and lower waist if you need to get the baby still lower to the breast.
7. Wear a low cut stretchy neckline and pull breast out the top to avoid wrestling with pulling your shirt up with baby on you.
8. Slip hand in top or side of carrier to free breast and latch baby. Can use two hands usually if needed.
9. Large breasted women may find a rolled up receiving blanket placed under the breast helpful for support.
10. If baby has trouble latching, leaning forward may help give a little more space.
11. Once latched tighten straps for hands-free Breastfeeding.
12. If you feel you need more coverage snap one side of the hood. Leave the other open so you can see in easily.
13. Once baby is done eating, slip hand in to put your breast away.
14. Tighten strap and waist to raise baby back to the safest position with the top of their head easily kissable.
Breastfeeding carries on!
For an instructional video head to the www.leakyboob.com ☺️
✖️SALE TIME✖️25% off all pots 👏👏👏 Code: EOFY25 * applies when you purchase two or more pots from our range. Delivery and local pick-up options available
1 141 hour ago
Excuse us for a moment as we marvel at this beautiful gift box - if you’re looking for a gift box to give to a new family, head over to our beautiful stockist @crateof.joy and browse their lovingly curated offering!
Says it all really, Arvigo Maya Abdominal Massage is all about nurturing the Woman❣️
4 121 hour ago
Minimalist pieces made with love ✨ Creating our beautiful Memory Drops with your names means so much to me. I can see you selecting just the right photos to put on, whether it’s for a gift or for your home. They truely are special. Have you got one yet? Maybe you’ve got a whole bunch! Or maybe you’ve gifted to someone? Let me know!
Tap the photo to grab this one in our mint.
Now is the perfect time because we have 25% OFF STOREWIDE! Use code: EOFY19
DAY THREE | DERMAPEN SKIN NEEDLING⠀
Today's offer is a goodie you won't want to miss out on 💃⠀
For our third special, we're offering BUY ONE, GET ONE HALF PRICE on DermaPen Skin Needling. ⠀ ⠀
Remember, only the first FIVE lucky people to reach checkout will receive this offer...so click the link in our bio and get shopping 👏
1 71 hour ago
#freepostagefriday happening tomorrow! Valid on all sales in the Etsy store and custom orders confirmed tomorrow 🤗
G L U T E S & P E L V I C F L O O R 👯♀️
They are BFFs and come hand in hand. Moves like this kick back not only work your glutes and hip strength, they actually work your pelvic floor too. All the hip muscles attach at the pelvic bone, so win win! 👏🏼👏🏼
With only 2 weeks of term 2 to go we have opened up our trial sessions for next term: 8-21th July.
For more info and to jump on board >>> see link in profile
Have you made my Sweet Potato Blondies yet?
They are delicious! Even Mr 7 who has not had a piece of sweet potato between his lips since I don’t even know when adored them!
And I feel like that is even an understatement. He loved them. Luuuurrvvved them.
Grab the recipe on the blog goodiegoodielunchbox.com.au or link in profile @goodiegoodielunchbox