❄️ Another wintery mix headed for KC has me me craving comfort food. Who am I kidding? I’m always craving comfort food! 🤤 I’d never attempted a baked Mac n cheese 🧀recipe before but it’s sounded so good lately! After scouring Pinterest🤓, I married three recipes together and came up with this!👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻————————————————————————— Baked Pumpkin Gouda Mac n Cheese
1 box @eatbanza shells
5 oz shredded sharp cheddar
4 oz shredded Gouda
1/2 of a 15 oz can pumpkin purée
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1.5 cups low fat milk (or milk substitute)
2/3 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp flour (or GF flour of choice)
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper to taste.
1. Bring water to boil and cook @eatbanza one minute shy of al dente per box instructions (approx 8-9 min).
2. Once cooked, drain pasta and toss in 1 tbsp EVOO. Then place in a greased 9x9 dish and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in onion powder, paprika and flour. Mix well with a whisk.
4. Add milk and broth, whisking to combine. Then bring to a boil over med high heat. Once boiling, continue to stir and cook about 5 minutes until thickened.
5. Once thickened, stir in salt, pepper and pumpkin purée. Cook another 2 minutes.
6. Next lower heat to low and add cheeses in small handfuls. Stir frequently till combined and melted.
7. Poor cheese mixture over pasta and combine.
8. Mix Panko and Parmesan and sprinkle over top. Then broil it off for a few minutes (2-3) till golden brown.
9. Serve immediately and ENJOY!!
I would like to dispel all rumors that i died in a freak propane searing accident by showcasing this mac and cheese recipe i found online. Obviously this kind of dedication and skill could only have been performed by my steady hands (and the middle aged woman who wrote the recipe). This is a five cheese mac and cheese, using guyere, emmanter, mild cheddar, Colby jack, and mozzarella, baked in the oven for 15 mins, then topped with panko breadcrumbs and bacon bits.
Unfortunately whoever came up with this recipe must have a large family, because this dish was designed to yield about 8-10 servings. I was unable to divide the recipe to make a reasonable amout of mac for one person so i have like a gallon of this stuff left. DM me if u know any hungry peeps tryna have some leftovers.
You’ve read all my #macandcheese recipe tutorials for years, now see it in action! Full version of the video is slowed down with captions so you can catch all the details. Written recipes are on my blog and in the holiday ebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel, YouTube.com/kitchenistadiaries! (IG link in bio)
61 12627:14 PM Jul 23, 2018
Baked Mac & Cheese
Bahan-bahan: Makaroni (rebus dengan sedikit garam & olive oil), sosej (potong nipis-nipis), garlic powder, parsley flakes, black pepper, Prego’s Cheese & Herbs, susu, cheddar cheese, gouda cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, butter & garam.
Cara-cara: 1. Panaskan butter & masukkan sosej; masak hingga sedikit garing. 2. Masukkan sos Prego, tambah air & masukkan susu; biar mendidih. 3. Masukkan garlic powder, black pepper & parsley flakes; biar mendidih lagi. 4. Masukkan kesemua jenis cheese & agak-agak kuah sedikit pekat, masukkan makaroni & perasakan dengan garam jika perlu. 5. Masak hingga kuah menjadi pekat. 6. Alihkan makaroni ke dalam loyang pembakar & letakkan/taburkan cheese di atas makaroni. Bakar selama 20 minit, suhu 200’c.
Thanksgiving is days away and I’m elated because my favorite time of the year has arrived! That also means my BAKED MAC AND CHEESE recipe is going cray on the blog! Everyday it’s seeing a new record. Google “soul food baked mac and cheese,” click the recipe for Stay Snatched, and dive into this dish.
I love everything about the holiday season, especially the food! This is NOT a healthy recipe. I eat my family favorites every holiday. My everyday routine will be waiting for me on Friday. I will hop back on!