All babies and kids develop at their own pace. Some may need extra support to help nourish their growth. We are so lucky to have wonderful resources including Early Intervention Program in New Jersey providing speech, physical, and occupational therapy services. If you think your child may not be meeting his or her milestones, CALL the number listed and get the support your family deserves! ❤️
To some, this might just be a picture of a comic book by a 6 year old.
To me this is so much more! 💙
There was a time in our life (3.5 years ago) where Marcus didn't even understand language, let alone being non-verbal.
Our path may look very different from the next AUsome family, but tears come to my eye when I think of his early years.
The uncertainty the future held for us. Now he's on his way to learning a second language!!! He makes friends, he plays sports, he's creative, he can use his imagination. These were all things he could not do!! We still have our challenges, but looking back on HOW far he's come in the last 4 years blows my mind 😭😭😍😍.
“Six apples!” - I noticed his interest in playing with the apples, so we pulled them out of the basket. At which point he identifies that there are six apples - he does so without counting them. This is called #subitizing and it’s pretty #ausome . I am constantly in awe of how his brain works. #liningup fruit #playbasedlearning
⭐️ ICYMI: GO TEAM AUSOME! In just one day, 30% of the WestJet stars have been claimed. Don't miss out on this sweet opportunity to win 2 airline tickets to anywhere WestJet flies! Stars are $50 each, and we will only be selling 100.
Comment with your preferred number and we'll send you a link with payment info. ⭐️ #ausome#ausomeottawa
Hello and Happy Monday! 😀 I was thinking it’s about time you get to know us a little bit more! Right?!? Here are 5 things and experiences that make me what I am today:
1. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters and could not imagine growing up without them! Playing and doing chores together are my fondest memories growing up. Who would think doing chores was fun?? LOL We made it into a game whenever possible! Sorting Sock Baseball!
2. I love to travel and have even lived in 2 countries besides the US: Hong Kong and England! I also had the privilege of working with a girl with autism in Jordan for a couple of months! 🙂
3. When I lived in Hong Kong, I learned to play Rugby and even made the national team! I never played in a national game because it was time for me to move back to the states but I was able to prove to myself that I could do it!
4. When I finished my undergrad degree I did not know what I was going to do and my brother convinced me to start working with kids with autism. (Btw my brother @phillip.e.peters is also a BCBA and clinical director, just like me 🙌) We have both been in this field for over a decade!
5. Starting Into the Spectrum was terrifying for me! It’s one thing to run meetings and trainings, but to be on YouTube! Forever! Is Crazy! @philschlemmer_ix was the one that pushed me to finally start! What keeps me going is the main goal – to help families get autism and aba information easily and accessibly. It also helps to get positive comments and emails ☺ That really does make my day! ❤
Do you have any more questions about me? Feel free to ask in the comments 🙋
He likes healthy popcorn! 😯 I have to admit.. I kind of forgot we had this machine. We broke it out and when it was done popping, Dad went to get the special liquid gold. Aka butter. Sadly, it was expired. (I wasn't kidding when I said I forgot about this and everything we bought along with it.) But that didn't matter because Noah and mama ate the whole bowl!
4 1012 days ago
Today, we walked for Bubby! And all of the other ausome people we know! Ryan is such a special person to me. He’s my sweet boy, who can be grouchy, funny, imaginative, difficult, and all the things. But mostly Bub teaches me kindness. We’re all different, so it’s important to remember to be kind. Even when it feels really hard to. I love this boy so much and I’m so proud to be his Chicha! ❤️ #ryansracers#autismspeaks#ausome
I know we’re totally exhausting the whole Disneyland thing... I just keep finding super cute stuff, and thinking “Ohh, just one more! Instagram neeeeeds to see this!!”
I’m sure we’re nearing the end of sorting the ridiculous quantity of photos and videos, and we’ll change the subject soon! 😜
... Anyway, here’s some cute for y’all!! ❤️
This is how we get out of the car EVERY DAY!! Keira’s Feebee entourage seems to get a little bigger every day lately... now she’s initiated random items of clothing to her inventory of things that must come with us everywhere!!
At this rate, Daddy’s gonna need a bigger car... just for Keira’s stuff! 😆
33 2173:17 AM Aug 23, 2018
Keira’s always been so good at games on an iPad or iPhone, but we’ve never had her try a console with buttons and no touchscreen.
Toca Boca Builders has always been one of her favorite apps, so Ryan had her try Minecraft on the Xbox. She’s not really achieving anything, but she’s doing pretty good for her first ever try!