Hey guys! I made this recipe last week for the first time as part of my meal prep. LOVED it! And it was super easy 😊 ENJOY😘😘
🔹Asian Turkey Meatball “Noodle” Bowls🔹
1/2 C coconut aminos
1 TBSP sesame oil
1 TBSP raw honey
1- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
4 cloves minced garlic
1-1/2 to 2 lbs ground turkey
3 medium green onions (white and light green parts only)
1/4 C fresh cilantro chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 TBSP coconut oil
4 medium zucchini spiralized
1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together coconut amino‘s, sesame oil, honey, ginger and garlic. Pour half of the sauce into a large bowl and add the turkey, green onions, cilantro and salt and pepper. Form into 16 meatballs and place them on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
3. Meanwhile place remaining sauce into a small sauce pan over medium heat. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Remove from heat and set aside.
4) Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook zucchini noodles for 1 to 2 minutes then season with salt and pepper.
5) To serve place zucchini noodles in bowl and top with meatballs. Garnish with sesame seeds.
5 433:22 PM Nov 20, 2018
Happy Monday y’all!👋🏼👋🏼
This is one of my go to pre workout foods! But you could use it for breakfast or a snack! The first pic I made it in a casserole dish and added chocolate chips..🙈🤤💯 and the second pic I made them in muffin tins🙌🤓 INGREDIENTS
¼ cup almond butter
3 medium to large over-ripe bananas
2 small-medium zucchini, grated (don't squeeze water out)
3/4-1 cup unsweet almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups old-fashioned oats ( I use certified gluten-free)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1/2 cup of walnuts
2 scoops of protein powder
Any other fun add is (dark chocolate chips is a regular of mine🍫) INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin or baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Place almond butter in microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir to combine.
3. Place eggs and bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, and almond butter, and stir to combine.
4. Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nuts, protein powder, and add-in's of choice. Stir until just combined.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top or put in baking dish.
6. Bake for 25 minutes... let cool and dig in!! Store in the refrigerator. These freeze well, too!
So this is a #transformationtuesday that I know I haven’t shared with social media.. or many people for that matter. But it’s about time.
The picture on the left was me 2010-ish sometime during my dietetic internship or right before.
The middle picture was 2011-ish post internship... I was commuting and hour every day at 4am, working 15 hour days, making no money, stressed to the max and trying to cram in workouts on top of that. My hormones went nuts, I was gaining weight weekly and was in and out of specialists to figure out was going on... but everything came back “fine”.My joint pain was so bad I was using the elevator. My hands and knees were constantly visibly swollen.
All the while I’m trying to be a role model, a dietitian and a trainer. I remember sitting in my closet at night bawling and feeling so defeated. I was embarrassed.
At that point I realized I had to put myself in my clients shoes and listen to my own advice (much easier said than done) it was time to change my workouts, change my sleep habits, change my priorities, change my supplements to manage my stress and my hormones..... it took time,
It was uncomfortable, but I did it.
The last picture is me a few weeks ago.
Long story short I have been there. And I have been to the point where I wanted to quit. I understand. But DONT! No matter where you are in your journey. You are not alone. If you are stuck seek help. If you need support find it. YOU GOT THIS!!
Guys!! For the love of Pete!! Make your meal prep interesting and flavorful. Spending the rest of my life eating chicken and asparagus does NOT sound fun... let alone healthy!! Your body (not to mention your tastebuds) needs VARIETY 🙌💪🏽
The veggie salad in the first pic is literally something I made up on the fly at the grocery store🤷🏻♀️ I had an urge for some veggies and something different!
1 natural rotisserie chicken (I was lazy)
3 bell peppers (red,yellow,orange)
2 containers of zucchini noodles
1 container of cherry tomatoes
Banana peppers 🙌😜
2 cans of chickpeas
Sprinkle of Feta -mix and eat! I’ll probably throw some avocado on it when I eat:)
Happy cooking yall!!!
0 301:07 AM Jun 4, 2018
Another day that started at the gym with clients and ended at the computer working. .... and then the delirium sets in 🐶🤷🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️😋
💕This life is exactly what you choose to make of it. Spend your days working for things that matter, hanging out with people that make you better and creating a life that leaves you fulfilled and proud💕
Here is a little #transformationtuesday for ya. The first picture is a photoshoot with @byoliphant in 2014.. the last 3 videos are from today’s workout.
It’s safe to say I have put on some muscle and plenty of ink🧐🤨 Change, both external and internal change is a marathon journey. It takes consistent effort over time.
When I look at this transformation I know that for all the external change there was twice as much internal change between these shots.
And I don’t ever intend to be finished. There is so much more growth needed in all areas of my life and I’m excited for it. But I am proud of the woman I am becoming because I have fought a lot of battles to get here.
There are days that I wake up and feel and look every bit of my almost 34 years on this planet lol. (I know I’m not old🙄 I’m just making a point)
I feel old injuries, I see scars and feel the weight of past mistakes and adversities.
I also see so much growth. I see so much more self love and confidence in who I am and what I stand for than I have ever before. I feel that I am so much closer to being the type of woman I have always looked up to.
Not for one second would I entertain the thought of going back. The knowledge and experience and peace that I have at this moment far out weighs the reduction of some gray hairs I hide with hair dye lol 👵🏼💁🏻♀️🤣
Just a long winded reminder to embrace every moment of this life.
Never stop learning. Never stop pushing your limits. Appreciate every part of your journey. Never forget the little things that mean the most.